News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green 1 Bus Route - 100 Years Old

Started by 2206, March 14, 2016, 10:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Squiz1971

Looks like it will be a good day to be around Brum & Acocks Green on the Easter weekend with all the Guys, Crossleys & Daimlers running on the 1. I wonder if any of the fleetlines will be running the 1 on any of the 2 days??

Kevin

Not sure if they're planning on running the whole route to AG. They mentioned on facebook that buses would be running from Wythall to Calthorpe Road, so I'd guess is just the Moseley - Calthorpe Road bit of the 1 route
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

CL

Sooo... Anyone going today? Despite the weather? 😂
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

D10

Would have gone, but I have family coming over today.

The weather looks like it has cleared up now, so hopefully those of you going will have a dry if breezy day!

Bryan

Quote from: clayderman on March 28, 2016, 10:12:02 AM
Sooo... Anyone going today? Despite the weather? 😂

Didn't get to ride on the service, but the convoy of the six vehicles which took part looked impressive.

CL

Quote from: Bryan on March 28, 2016, 03:20:48 PM
Didn't get to ride on the service, but the convoy of the six vehicles which took part looked impressive.
I didn't get a chance to see it, actually. :( Hadn't exactly planned the day properly - and I wasn't entirely certain if the weather would hold up. ::) I guess some images may surface on Flickr sooner or later. ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Bryan

Quote from: clayderman on March 28, 2016, 03:25:14 PM
I didn't get a chance to see it, actually. :( Hadn't exactly planned the day properly - and I wasn't entirely certain if the weather would hold up. ::) I guess some images may surface on Flickr sooner or later. ;)

A photo I took of the vehicles taken just before the start of the convoy.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209686623981993&set=a.10209220428447396.1073741828.1221646695&type=3&theater

Justin Tyme

I managed to go, the sun came out, and it was very enjoyable.

There were six BCT vehicles.  Daimler COG5 1107 took the lead, followed by Guy Arabs 2533, 2548, 2976 and 3009, with Fleetline 3780 at the rear.  We travelled via the Alcester Road to Moseley Village, then over the 1 route to Five Ways - and back the same way.  A stop for photos of the line-up took place on Calthorpe Road.

Just before we left there, NXWM 4526 overtook us, and at the Priory Road/Bristol Road traffic lights, 4526 was at the front of a convoy of seven 1s!  There was (rightly) no attempt to keep the vehicles totally together in convoy, although sometimes they were, but six buses close together made an impressive sight.

Well done Wythall!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk