News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

2000th Low Floor bus.

Started by Ashley 60171, February 09, 2016, 10:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 60171

4370 once upon a time carried a roundel saying it was the 1000th low floor bus bought by TWM.

It came up in conversation a couple of days ago so me and a couple of others have had a go at trying to figure out the 2000th low floor bus bought by TWM/NXWM.

Maybe the sticker/branding man could make one for the milestone vehicle. Remind the passengers where the money goes. Although I would imagine this year it will be 2500.

Our estimates are that said bus could be either 761, 2176, 4912 or 4931. But trying to figure out exact delivery dates, especially during periods where more than one bus type is being delivered at the same time is proving a challenge but something I'll try to figure out when I have the time.

I thought it may be worth a mention in case anybody else could work it out and whether or not they would include ex Dundee vehicles transferred down here.

If anybody does get it then they can have a go at winning something off Bully's Prize board.

Gareth

The 1000th low floor was a good marketing tool, likewise the 100% low floor fleet that Dundee advertised. We didn't get that in the West Midlands. But 2000th low floor bus branding is pretty pointless as the fleet is only 1500-1600. And now, they are not really 'low floor buses', just buses!

DavieDD2

In theory, the ex Dundee buses transferred to the WM would need to be included when working this out as they were bought by NXWM and then allocated up here, there aren't that many to be fair, 4002, the 5 ALX400's and the batch of Scania Omnilinks we had for a while.

winston

Quote from: DavieDD2 on February 11, 2016, 02:33:04 PM
In theory, the ex Dundee buses transferred to the WM would need to be included when working this out as they were bought by NXWM and then allocated up here, there aren't that many to be fair, 4002, the 5 ALX400's and the batch of Scania Omnilinks we had for a while.

As the 1000th low floor bus was a 52 plate Trident i.e. NXWM 4370 anything other than the 15 x Scania Omnilinks need not be taken in to consideration

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk