News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New NWM area maps

Started by Westy, January 02, 2016, 11:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Are there any new ones due, as the last ones are dated May 2015?

John

Quote from: Westy on January 02, 2016, 11:00:12 PM
Are there any new ones due, as the last ones are dated May 2015?

Yes, Birmingham, Solihull, Wolverhampton and Walsall ones are out in Pavilions travel shop dated November 2015

Westy

What the hell is up with Walsall Travelshop then?

sonic84

Just seen the new style maps on the website. They appear to have changed the style so key daytime services are colour coded, roads served by nx buses are black and roads served by non nx buses are grey judging by the Dudley and Sandwell map

uniquicity

Quote from: sonic84 on January 10, 2016, 09:01:49 PM
Just seen the new style maps on the website. They appear to have changed the style so key daytime services are colour coded, roads served by nx buses are black and roads served by non nx buses are grey judging by the Dudley and Sandwell map

And colours corresponding to NXWM branding. Yellow for the 5 and X96, pink for Dudley Road, Blues for 51/X51 etc. They've mistakenly coloured the WN82 pink tho ;)

Kevin

Quote from: uniquicity on January 10, 2016, 09:19:35 PM
And colours corresponding to NXWM branding. Yellow for the 5 and X96, pink for Dudley Road, Blues for 51/X51 etc. They've mistakenly coloured the WN82 pink tho ;)

Branding for the X51 is green though....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

uniquicity

Used to be blue didn't it? Nobody told Centro :p

Solo1

why isn't the other maps the same as the dudley map

P419 EJW

It looks like I might be the only one saying this. There are too many colours in one map - I understand the various colours are for the branded routes. It looks a mess. NXWM and non NXWM routes colours on the same routes? Come on. It was much easier to have the the routes to be coloured as light blue (for less frequent routes) and dark blue (for high frequency routes), imo. Simplicity is the key.

Kevin

Surely NWM shouldn't be differentiating between operators on their maps, because surely they want to be promoting their own multi-operator tickets and as such people who use their maps shouldn't need to know the difference?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

sonic84

I have to admit, I too think it looks a little too busy what with many lines in diff colours along one road, and I don't understand why they have differentiated between nx and non-nx buses either.

If u want to trace a key route it does the job well but other than that I much preferred the old style maps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk