News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

standing on buses

Started by Solo1, September 16, 2015, 05:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on September 16, 2015, 08:15:34 PM
It is illegal to stand on the top deck of any bus, has been for as long as double decks have existed for good reason

That is what i assumed @Tony , am just surprised it is not mentioned in the Conditions of Carriage or enforced by some drivers?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steveminor

Doesn't need to be in conditions of carriage if it's against the law. It's all about centre of gravity.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Steveminor on September 16, 2015, 08:27:26 PM
Doesn't need to be in conditions of carriage if it's against the law. It's all about centre of gravity.

So why is smoking mentioned in the Conditions of Carriage then?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

MW

Lol against the law. Standing on the bus or smoking anywhere is not against the law people.

It's against some legislation that the government decided to publish and insist that it's compulsory.

I'll stop here being Mr Trainbasher gets offended.

:D

the trainbasher

Quote from: MW on September 16, 2015, 10:53:49 PM
Lol against the law. Standing on the bus or smoking anywhere is not against the law people.

It's against some legislation that the government decided to publish and insist that it's compulsory.

*Resists urge to comment using Sir Humphryisms*

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MW

Bryan

Quote from: AV4248 on September 16, 2015, 07:33:49 PM
I've stood on the top deck quite a few times in the past. Aren't drivers meant to prevent this from happening?

If you thought drivers were meant to stop this happening, why have you stood on the top deck?

AV4248

Quote from: Bryan on September 17, 2015, 08:57:02 AM
If you thought drivers were meant to stop this happening, why have you stood on the top deck?

Was from the school days, packed full to the brim so where else was I meant to go? Obviously if a driver would have said something then I would have got off but they just drive off anyway doing nothing about it.

MW

There's always people standing upstairs in the peaks on the 11. I say people, it's school kids. Nobody has told me they can't stand upstairs, and even if they did, how can you stop them?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk