News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NX Facebook page

Started by Westy, July 26, 2015, 12:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Does anyone there actually look at the information they post?

Theyve posted 2 Facebook messages promoting places in  South Staffordshire, involving the X51, where it is going to be difficult to get there using NX, as they dont operate at the times or direction needed!

Stu

Their Facebook page is a waste of time, it reads more like a badly written tourist guide.

And yeah, I know what you mean, when they posted their '37 guide' they even mentioned Hobs Moat Memorial, even though the 37 only goes near there a couple of times a day.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

"get to Red House Park on our 16A" was one that got me, much like the X51 suggestion of use a "one way only peak hour" service
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

They just posted another one for Cheslyn Hay but havent refered to a specific service.

@Tony

If you have any clout with anyone there,  tell them its a nice thought, but how the heck are we supposed to get to these places if there no regular NX service?

Stu

Another classic this morning:
https://www.facebook.com/nxwestmidlands/photos/a.373247266053647.97051.204017859643256/1001764449868589/?type=1&permPage=1

QuoteOur destination of the week today is Harborne!

A park fit for royalty right on the edge of the city centre. Queen's Park in Harborne has been hailed as one the most tranquil spots for a chance to get away from it all.

The 11a, 11c and 48 are the buses you'll need.

Except its the 24 that serves Queens Park (on Court Oak Road).  ::)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ashley 60171

Clearly the people who maintain it get their info from the NX website and know jack all about the network.

Ashley 60171

Also, theres no mention on either operators Facebook page regarding a diversion on the 10 due to the closure of the Compton Road for roadworks. I also reckon there are two different diversions in place.

But, every single upcoming diversion in Birmingham is explained thoroughly. Hmmm.

domino.99

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on August 09, 2015, 12:31:53 PM
Also, theres no mention on either operators Facebook page regarding a diversion on the 10 due to the closure of the Compton Road for roadworks. I also reckon there are two different diversions in place.

But, every single upcoming diversion in Birmingham is explained thoroughly. Hmmm.

It isn't mentioned on the website either!

Kevin

Their "highlights of the route 997" made me chuckle, Newtown swimming baths when it doesn't even stop there
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Steveminor

It means to look at out of the windows.  Clearly no one would want to get off there lol

The Real 4778

Quote from: Kevin on August 09, 2015, 03:01:23 PM
Their "highlights of the route 997" made me chuckle, Newtown swimming baths when it doesn't even stop there

Out of touch now our idiot council have renamed it 'Newtown Wellbeing Centre' FFS.   Orwellian Newspeak BCC's speciality.
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk