News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Favourite routes and Why?

Started by Dutsey, January 12, 2015, 10:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Oh wow, this is just hilarious

I've seen trouble at times, and they have been in a variety of areas. Never particularly felt unsafe though, not even.walking the streets of these supposed "unsafe" areas and supposed "unsafe" times of day
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ashley 60171

Reminds me of a conversation I was eavesdropping on somewhere. This proper snobby lardy dah family who I doubt had ever used a bus basically had this view that bus travel was the most dangerous thing known to man. I find snobby people hilarious to listen to but could never agree with them. Bus travel is safe, if you don't act like a pillock and don't draw attention to yourself then your fine. I know there are some places you probably wouldn't wander into after dark but once you've grown a pair and realise it ay all bad then your fine. Plus its not hard to spot the people you'd rather not sit next to.

Confidence and composure is key because only those who lack confidence will slate what they like based on their own preconceptions without actually trying what they don't know. So really I'd just go to the docs and sort out me daily mail readers syndrome or if you don't like the place you live, move, or find a new hobby where you come into almost zero human contact should you prefer. Good morning!

Tony

Quote from: Matt on June 15, 2015, 10:09:33 PM
Instilling common sense was always going to be a hard ask on a bus enthusiasts' forum, I'd be wasting my time continuing but I know what I'm saying is right. ;)

Showing that attitude is probably why you might find public transport dangerous!

Westy

Certain parts of Walsall I certainly wouldnt go down.

Shakespeare Crescent in Harden & Beddows Road in Coalpool.

In fact the old 319 was diverted up there at one point!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk