News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

smc coach hire

Started by tjwpsv, March 04, 2015, 09:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjwpsv

Does anyone know anything about this firm, please?

http://smccoachhire.com/

Their site seems a little short on 'detail'. Are they just a broker for coach hire?

Bryan

I can't say I know anything about them, but it is not a company I would want to use having had a few spare moments to look at the website and investigate.

I am assuming they are SMC Coach Hire Ltd and are based in Manchester, although you can't find any address on the website (only a 0333.... phone number and an email address). The company was formed on 25/3/13 and the first accounts to 31/3/14 were due with Companies House on 25/12/14, but have not been submitted yet and are therefore overdue and subject to penalties.

Interesting to see that all the full size coaches on the website, except for a branded but unregistered vehicle on the home page, are American MCI coaches, not exactly common in the UK and Europe were they operate.

Also interesting is if you would like a 'Executive / Corporate Coach Hire – 8 to 75 seats' when '......you can request a vehicle that is no less than five years old ..... ' Who is going to ask specifically for a vehicle over 5 years old?

The company appears to have two directors, the original one from the start being Stephen Chesters of Chesters Travel Ltd, which is now in Liquidation.

tjwpsv

Thanks, Bryan.

Yes, I didn't get a good vibe myself, but your observations are helpful.

Cheers,

Tim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk