News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

bus tickets

Started by Solo1, February 28, 2015, 08:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Why do arriva give bus tickets the free pass holders  as it seems a waste of money  as they have scenes the pass

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Solo1 on February 28, 2015, 08:28:54 PM
Why do arriva give bus tickets the free pass holders  as it seems a waste of money  as they have scenes the pass

Agree and a total waste of paper, but they (as well as other bus companies) seem to want to do this.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 28, 2015, 08:36:16 PM

Agree and a total waste of paper, but they (as well as other bus companies) seem to want to do this.

Apart from Diamond, Central Bus and Whittles (never did)

Reece

Quote from: Will on February 28, 2015, 08:45:34 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 28, 2015, 08:36:16 PM

Apart from Diamond, Central Bus and Whittles (never did)

Coniston Coaches, R & B Travel and DRM Bus (never have)

Kiewii

the trainbasher

@Kiewii that's only because of the Scottish governments ideals

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Other Walsall Tony

Whilst Arriva  give tickets around the Midlands, in other parts of the country they do not.
Tony

trident4370

I've never seen any real logic behind it, it just seems a complete waste to me.

the trainbasher

It helps control numbers plus proves that the passenger's been on that bus in case of inspection

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steveminor

It's a requirement of staffordshire county council that concessionary pass holders be issued with a ticket.

Steveminor

No as they don't operate outside of the west midlands.
However when ampm ran in tamworth the ticket machines had to be reconfigured to issue tickets for pass holders

bususer12

Confusing? 

Pensioners get their free travel receipt, but as a swift user I don't? Not that I  want one but it seems inconsistant

Cheese

Quote from: bususer12 on March 02, 2015, 09:59:14 PM
Confusing? 

Pensioners get their free travel receipt, but as a swift user I don't? Not that I  want one but it seems inconsistant

I get a ticket if I use my Swift PAYG. Guessing you don't get one if it is day ticket or nBus.

bususer12

Quote from: Cheese on March 03, 2015, 11:44:21 AM
Quote from: bususer12 on March 02, 2015, 09:59:14 PM
Confusing? 

I get a ticket if I use my Swift PAYG. Guessing you don't get one if it is day ticket or nBus.

Yeah DD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk