News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Couple of months to go...

Started by RW, January 20, 2015, 05:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

before the first 2015 vehicles make an an appearance. Are they likely to be in build yet? Anyone likely to be around ADL's site and able to report progress and maybe take photos?

I would like see some pictures from ADL,S quality control dept I fully expect the person or persons to be playing cards or candy crush while signing off the buses, it's quite clear there's serious issues there.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900 on January 20, 2015, 05:51:41 PM
I would like see some pictures from ADL,S quality control dept I fully expect the person or persons to be playing cards or candy crush while signing off the buses, it's quite clear there's serious issues there.

Here here.

I think the company will be lucky to see 5-7 years service without the things failing or falling apart. And that's being generous.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 21, 2015, 12:50:21 AM
Quote from: 2900 on January 20, 2015, 05:51:41 PM

Here here.

I think the company will be lucky to see 5-7 years service without the things failing or falling apart. And that's being generous.
A WB 64plate E200 was seen yesterday with bits of news paper wedged between the cab door to prevent it from rattling.

Recently I had a  64 plate enviro 400 with a rattling overhead console panel I had to wedge bits of paper here and there to stop it unbelievable, pretty soon instead of putting metro newspapers in the box for joe public to read, drivers will be using all of  them to stop rattles.

Gareth

I think the issue of rattling was one of the major things that was addressed with the E400 MMC. This was developed with the help of operators. Hopefully the new buses will have a noticeable difference with regards to rattling.

RW

Get the feeling you guys at the coal face, so to speak, are less than impressed with ADL's vehicles. But hey look on the bright side you've only got 5 years worth of new deliveries and then maybe some other bus builders will get a look in!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk