News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Merry Hill Midnight openings

Started by Chris2301, November 11, 2014, 11:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris2301

Last year when merry hill opened til 12am nx layed on special departures on 4M, X96, 276, 222 and 141. This year merry hills got 3 days opened til midnight does anyone know if its guna happen this year?

s94

Any news on this one yet? Did they have to have special registrations for this last year?

Stuharris 6360

If you look at the VOSA history, there do appear to be registrations for those services affected last year to become effective on the 19 December 2013. These were received by VOSA on the 24/10/13. So it may be a little late for this year, but who knows?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Seems this year that Diamond will be running extra late journeys on the 002 between 19.12.14 & 23.12.14 with last departure from Merry Hill towards Weoley Castle at 00:25.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

s94

Looks like its just Diamond then! I would of thought last years NX Service was well used but surely to late to register it now? Shame.

PM

Quote from: s94 on November 21, 2014, 10:02:26 PM
Looks like its just Diamond then! I would of thought last years NX Service was well used but surely to late to register it now? Shame.

Hoping Diamond get the business on the key MH to Halesowen corridor with this. It seems well-timetabled and a 30 min frequency is frequent enough that if people miss it, it's not too long to wait. Also, there's some time to walk back to the stand if you intend to stay right until closing time at MH. Which would be more than I could bear but still!

Wonder what happens with day returns bought on the service-still available for use on the return back from MH even on last departure?

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ash

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 21, 2014, 10:17:34 PM

Hoping Diamond get the business on the key MH to Halesowen corridor with this. It seems well-timetabled and a 30 min frequency is frequent enough that if people miss it, it's not too long to wait. Also, there's some time to walk back to the stand if you intend to stay right until closing time at MH. Which would be more than I could bear but still!

Wonder what happens with day returns bought on the service-still available for use on the return back from MH even on last departure?

Yes, the day returns will be valid to be used on the last departure as they will be accepted until the end of service.

PM

Quote from: Ash on November 21, 2014, 11:04:38 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 21, 2014, 10:17:34 PM

Yes, the day returns will be valid to be used on the last departure as they will be accepted until the end of service.

Brilliant news-hopefully it takes off and potentially later departures could be added onto the normal M-F service.

s94

Well this one has been kept quiet but NXWM are running an extra service at 0020 tonight and on Monday and Tuesday for Merry Hill's Midnight Openings on services 141, 222, 276, 289 and X96. :)

The 0020 journey is FREE to all users as well!

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/extra-journeys-at-christmas-from-merry-hill-

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk