News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Royals fleet numbering

Started by arrifirststage, December 03, 2014, 03:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrifirststage

I have asked before but maybe everyone is as confused as me..........can anyone explain the royals fleet numbering system.
I realise that 10xxx,20xxx,30xxx,40xxx are used to signify coaches,single deck and double deck according to length.What I cannot follow is the apparently random numbers within these blocks with for example Darts,Solos etc seemingly jumbled up.

Liverpool Street

Rotalas fleet numbering system is a thing of urban legend. Some say the numericals are in order, others say they sould start again, and what is common belief is that no one uses the numbers of which are on the vehicle, and just go by the last 3 digits of the registration plate...

In other words, its too damn confusing to follow their fleet
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 03, 2014, 03:25:28 PM
Rotalas fleet numbering system is a thing of urban legend. Some say the numericals are in order, others say they sould start again, and what is common belief is that no one uses the numbers of which are on the vehicle, and just go by the last 3 digits of the registration plate...

In other words, its too damn confusing to follow their fleet
that may be the case at LAC with regard to reg numbers but Tividale use fleet numbers. The Royals themselves are sequential 30821-30828
it's been a while....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk