News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

North East (Castle Vale / Walmley) Long term study. Bye bye 67 >>> 967.

Started by monkeyjoe, November 14, 2014, 11:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Interesting read. Long term plan if new developments on greenbelt land near Walmley. Not likely to happen in my life however interesting re introduction of 967, 67 along tyburn road and then doing the 914 route via Aston Express way.

Dunno how to paste the study but if you google Birmingham Eastern fringe study, you should see what I am going on about.

914 withdrawn
104 withdrawn >>>> New sprint routes, anyway will see for yourselves.

monkeyjoe

Must have been my windows 8 playing up again. Right sorted it. Winston the one above is the rail one.

winston

Sorry, didn't look that closely at it.

It's a bit too close to East B'ham to get any attention.....  :P

leewhayward29

So if the 67 goes to 967 what's going  to  happen to the beni buses at Perry Barr
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

monkeyjoe

I think if you read it this project is a long way off I am sure they will dead and buried by the time all this comes to life.

Kevin

I've read bits of that document, intriguing I have to say.
My two worries about their plans are that they're planning to cut yet another link to Good Hope by curtailing the 904, and that the commuter links from the city along the Lichfield Rd and Tyburn rd will suffer, because a hell of a lot of people use all parts of that route, and yet the majority of the proposal seems to centre around getting people from the suburbs to the city centre
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

monkeyjoe

If they go ahead with the Sprint routes they will probably end up introducing normal bus routes or what they are calling citylinks to provide resource for Lichfield/Tyburn roads, that would make sense.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk