News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Network Planning

Started by monkeyjoe, November 15, 2014, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Anyone got any views on this role or have you ever worked as one? Sounds like an interesting role number crunching and planning routes, any view interested?

Cheese

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 15, 2014, 12:31:10 PM
Anyone got any views on this role or have you ever worked as one? Sounds like an interesting role number crunching and planning routes, any view interested?

Having spent a year or so doing a Network Development role for a Local Authority it is quite an interesting job, working with data supplied by operators, as well as a lot of mapping and GIS work and working with operators.  I have seen a lot of very detailed information (which I won't go into here) on passenger numbers, revenue etc.  There is a lot more that goes into the planning of services (particularly the tendered network) than people may think, but in this age of shrinking budgets everyone is trying to do more for less. I am not currently doing that role full time but have been helping out where required since I got a new post.

monkeyjoe

Cheers, i was curious after seeing the NXWM ad.

Cheese

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 15, 2014, 02:01:59 PM
Cheers, i was curious after seeing the NXWM add.

Haven't seen the NXWM ad so would be different from an operator point of view to a LA point of view, but I suspect it would be an interesting post.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk