News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands CA proposed devo-deal.

Started by RW, November 17, 2015, 02:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

The official press release by the West Midlands Combined Authority says that the proposed devo-deal with the Government which has just been announced will support the proposed Metro extension to Brierley Hill. Good news. Let's just hope our local politicians get it right and don't prejudice the deal!

Adam 404

However, the authority controlling all transport is not going to be good for the small companies and stop competition. I'm not so sure on the idea to be honest...

Bob

Cannock Council apparently want to be a part of it. It's crazy that with so many bus routes going into the west midlands 12 2E,  3, 70, X70, 71, 71a,  154, X51 that you can't use N bus. How does that help connectivity and encourage bus use? Eg unless you leave at stupid o'clock and jump on an X51, if you live in say Bridgetown and work in West Brom or Wednesbury etc you have to buy a travel card and a bloody arriva 65 quid a month pass! It's ludicrous

JoNi

Adam 404

Quote from: JoNi on November 17, 2015, 08:38:23 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-34841438
A particular note from that is "Responsibility for local bus franchises" What will this hold for our local companies?

BK63 YWP

will be interesting once this combined authority happens, apart from the west midlands councils which other councils are interested? i think Tamworth and Bedworth are interested in joining the combined autority. would be nice if out of county councils joined in Cannock and Lichfield? Will centro expand its borders for these places.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Bob

If they did Arriva would defo do one from Cannock they can't maintain the network now lol

Adam 404

There is a interesting article about the whole thing in December's Buses Magazine out Thursday, I got it early thanks to my subscription!

Roy

Quote from: Adam 404 on November 18, 2015, 05:58:47 PM
There is a interesting article about the whole thing in December's Buses Magazine out Thursday, I got it early thanks to my subscription!

I hope Intu appreciated the slagging off that Merry Hill Bus Station got in the article.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk