News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Metrowest

Started by sonic84, September 08, 2012, 07:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

Has anyone got a list of the old Metrowest bus routes that used to run in the Blackcountry and what the equivalents would be on todays network?

I remember after the WMT takeover quite a few routes were transferred over, but would be nice to have a full list of what the operated?

TinnedPeaches

Not a list, but I have particularly fond memories of the D41 that ran from Dudley via Gornal Wood to Wolverhampton and the D56 which became the 255 that went from Dudley via Gornal Wood, Wombourne and Penn to Wolverhampton. Remember loving this company in my youth.

Roy

This is from an old Metrowest leaflet that I still have.  Unfortunately, there is no date on the leaflet.

D1  Dudley to Bilston via Coseley (every 30 mins)
D2  Dudley to Priory Estate (every 10 mins)
D41  Dudley to Wolberhampton via Gornal Wood (every 30 mins)
D56  Dudley to Wolverhampton via Wombourne (every 30 mins)
D262/263  Dudley to Bilston via Tipton (every 60 mins on each route)
D25  Dudley to Wolverhampton via Roseville (every 15 mins)

All the above are Monday to Saturday only up to about 6.00 p.m.

sonic84

Thank you Mr Wood and Roy.

I remember them running some journies on the 294/295 Norton circulars in stourbridge, the 243 Dudley - Timbertree and I think they also ran on the 210/212 Halesowen - Brierley Hill routes, but I think this may have been after the WMT takeover.

Andrew1991

I remember catching the D2 to my nans when I was younger, clapped out bangers lol much better when west midlands travel took over and renumbered it 520

Westy

They were using ex Wmt Nationals at one point wasnt they?

Roy

Quote from: Westy on September 27, 2012, 01:02:53 PM

They also had quite a few ex Bristol Omnibus Company Nationals.

winston

Quote from: Westy on September 27, 2012, 01:02:53 PM

Only after WMT took them over,

Metrowest took over responsibility for operating a number of routes operated by WMT HL garage (Hartshill) after it was closed down, these were operated from Metrowest garages at The Delph, Pensnett & Coseley

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk