News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bristol Rd Bendi-Bus Trial

Started by Trident 4609, June 30, 2014, 02:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Nathan / anyone else, if you're interested in the older stuff, check I this Flickr site, which pretty much covers everything WMT/TWM:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/59615439@N03/sets/

Trident 4609

Quote from: Winston on June 30, 2014, 02:31:50 PM
Nathan / anyone else, if you're interested in the older stuff, check I this Flickr site, which pretty much covers everything WMT/TWM:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/59615439@N03/sets/

I'm already aware of that page  :)  I agree with Winston, a very good page to observe if you like older stuff

John

I also have a pic of one of those benefits with orange branding (without wording), so I wonder if either the 67 branding was going to be orange or maybe he 51 could have  due bendi-buses

Mike K

Quote from: John on June 30, 2014, 07:22:17 PM
I also have a pic of one of those benefits with orange branding (without wording), so I wonder if either the 67 branding was going to be orange or maybe he 51 could have  due bendi-buses

Unfortunate case of autocorrect there John? Bendibuses have become benefits.

I think the original plan was that these would be for the 51.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Mike K on June 30, 2014, 07:32:14 PM
Quote from: John on June 30, 2014, 07:22:17 PM

Unfortunate case of autocorrect there John? Bendibuses have become benefits.

I think the original plan was that these would be for the 51.

I think he was getting the vehicle and its passengers mixed up.

John

Yes, sorry. Auto correct on my tablet. Should have been bendis as I think you already know  :D

Gareth

Yes, the original plan was for the 51 to receive 6001-11. I had heard that some (all?) were delivered with orange branding.

Kevin

Yeah they were meant for the 51, but I seem to recall it was Walsall council that didn't want it? I was only a schoolkid at the time so only have a vague memory, but seem to remember they did trial them in walsall, possibly even on the 951/2?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

monkeyjoe

What of money really as the whole 67 showcase project went tits up when everybody complained about the bus lanes etc. Have they ever got a showcase right in Brum etc.

dw1308

See if the right hand turn into poplar road wasnt soo tight it would have been great to see bendis on the 957

Stevo

What I heard was that the artics couldn't negotiate the One stop bus station with its tight 180 degree bend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk