News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

4135 collision

Started by SEVERNLINK, June 27, 2014, 03:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEVERNLINK

Hi Newbie here from Worcestershire and sorry that my first post is to report a collision of a NXWM bus.
Was in Dudley earlier about 11am and heard a blast on a horn followed by a loud bang I turned into a side street and saw a bus had collided with an mpv.

Not sure what exactly happened but bits of the front of the bus on the road and a mpv with a damaged drivers door. Not many people on scene and bus looked empty so don't think many on it and hopefully no serious injuries,all though driver of mpv was still in vehicle and being attended to by passers by and bus driver.

Location was on King street heading out of town at the junction with Vicar Street forgot see which service it was on.

Stuharris 6360

Welcome SEVERNLINK.

To be honest i think they should withdraw 4135, the bus is jinxed!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SEVERNLINK

Thanks Stu
4135 got history then?
I only saw the bus from the side as I walked down the road so didn't see how bad the damage was but could see bits of bumper on the road.

the trainbasher

@SEVERNLINK I think it may have, from a pure guess, been on the 246?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

andrew1991

Makes a difference for it to be on the road

winston

Quote from: Andrew on June 27, 2014, 08:51:40 PM
Makes a difference for it to be on the road

It could have been it's first day back out, as I'm sure it was parked up in the depot Thurs morning

the trainbasher

@Andrew it has been out a a few times this week. I saw it in merry hill yesterday evening. I think it came off a 141.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

andrew1991

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 27, 2014, 08:53:04 PM
@Andrew it has been out a a few times this week. I saw it in merry hill yesterday evening. I think it came off a 141.

Oh, i hadn't seen it. Been months since i did and it wasn't very well then   ::)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Andrew on June 27, 2014, 08:55:38 PM

Oh, i hadn't seen it. Been months since i did and it wasn't very well then   ::)

How long was it off the road for awaiting its new engine? Plus before that it went to WA for repaint.

I bet its not seen proper service for 2/3 months.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Yes, it was on the 141 yesterday. I was somewhat surprised to see it out.

Tony

Quote from: Matt on June 27, 2014, 11:36:11 PM

Already at Carlyle for repairs

SEVERNLINK

Quote from: Tony on June 28, 2014, 08:37:31 AM
Quote from: Matt on June 27, 2014, 11:36:11 PM

Already at Carlyle for repairs

Walked past the scene about 40 mins after the incident 4135 had gone but mpv and cop cars still there.

John

It had another bump didn't it before? Not long after been repainted

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk