News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service Changes from 9th June

Started by winston, April 15, 2014, 02:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

PD0001111/7 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Birmingham, City Centre, Dale End and Great Barr, Pheasey Church given service number 33 effective from 09-Jun-2014. To amend Timetable.

PD0001111/50 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Coventry, Pool Meadow and Birmingham, Moor Street Queensway given service number 900/900A/900E effective from 08-Jun-2014. To amend Route and Stopping Places.

PD0001111/167 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Birmingham, Moor Street Queensway and St Peters RC School given service number 876/877/957W effective from 08-Jun-2014. To amend Route.

PD0001111/213 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Birmingham, City Centre, Carrs Lane and Walsall Bus Station given service number 997/997E effective from 09-Jun-2014. To amend Timetable.

Stu

Quote from: Winston on April 16, 2014, 04:33:46 PM
PD0001111/50 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Coventry, Pool Meadow and Birmingham, Moor Street Queensway given service number 900/900A/900E effective from 08-Jun-2014. To amend Route and Stopping Places.

I wonder if this is because of the new link road to the airport?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rob H

Quote from: Stu on April 16, 2014, 06:11:38 PM
Quote from: Winston on April 16, 2014, 04:33:46 PM

I wonder if this is because of the new link road to the airport?

Possibly :)

If the route and stopping places are changing then that might mean the 900 is reverting back to the old route when the Metros were operating it where they serve the Airport first then the Rail Station (but I think both Coventry & Birmingham Bound 900's done the same route back then this was when I was about 5-10 years old if I remember correctly). If this is to do with the the new link road!
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

notepanel

Timetables and changes are now listed on the NX website.

The most interesting of which appears to involve the X51 Cannock route.

The AM journeys seem pretty much unchanged, but the PM journey at 1745 ex Birmingham will now terminate at Bloxwich, with the two journeys running through to Cannock, then also operating back in service Cannock-Bloxwich.

Additionally, the X56 is reduced to the single PM full-length journey.

Changes for the Black Country can be found here... http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/black-country-services-changes-june-2014?utm_source=homebanner&utm_campaign=black-country-services-changes-june-2014&utm_medium=image

And elsewhere here... http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/june-2014timetable-changes

Sh4318

(WB) 46 will under-go a route change between West Bromwich and Queens Head (operating via Holly Lane, St Pauls Road and Mallin St), the 89 will now serve Oldbury Road (Smethwick Galton Bridge railway station) on a trial basis.

I personally don't see the point in this change. St Pauls Road (the latter part) will lose its direct service to Oldbury and Smethwick Blue Gates, I don't see any point in the 46 serving St Pauls Road and Holly Lane.

In my opinion the 46 didn't need changing in the first place, the original route to West Bromwich (Holly Lane then Mallin St) was adequate, it provided 6 buses an hour between Mallin St and West Bromwich (9 if you include the 49).

After the Sandwell Review, the 89 didn't directly serve Galton Bridge (but neither did the 444, so there was still no direct service between Queens Head and Smethwick Galton Bridge, unless you count the 448A), it's only a 2 minute walk down Holly Lane to get to Smethwick Galton Bridge from the bus stop on St Pauls Road
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

HTA844N

Anyone confirm the changes for 311/313

Westy

Quote from: notepanel on May 23, 2014, 10:03:08 PM
Timetables and changes are now listed on the NX website.

The most interesting of which appears to involve the X51 Cannock route.

The AM journeys seem pretty much unchanged, but the PM journey at 1745 ex Birmingham will now terminate at Bloxwich, with the two journeys running through to Cannock, then also operating back in service Cannock-Bloxwich.

Additionally, the X56 is reduced to the single PM full-length journey.

Changes for the Black Country can be found here... http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/black-country-services-changes-june-2014?utm_source=homebanner&utm_campaign=black-country-services-changes-june-2014&utm_medium=image

And elsewhere here... http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/june-2014timetable-changes

I'm assuming this is an oversight by whoever prints the bus stop timetables,  but the Leamore Nursery Road stop only has details for the Arriva 2/2a services where it should also have the X51 details on as well, unless they've sneaky put a route change in as well & not publicised it!

(How to p**$ my sister off in one easy step - change the X51! )

Liverpool Street

Oh yeah the 900 changes today! Be interesting to see this in action missing out the motorcycle museum and using the new road!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Liverpool Street on June 08, 2014, 11:49:42 AM
Oh yeah the 900 changes today! Be interesting to see this in action missing out the motorcycle museum and using the new road!
The motorcycle museum change almost happened last year, but was cancelled at a late stage at the request of (probably) the museum.  I presume traffic delays are the reason for finally doing it now?

It isn't the first time a 900 has missed out that island.  Back in ampm days, I caught one of their ex-Dublin Olympians from Coventry to Sheldon.  We missed out Stonebridge island and the M42 island as well, but we did at least run through Allesley and Meriden ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk