News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

bus camera

Started by bubble2899, June 03, 2014, 03:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubble2899

Most buses have ccctv and they pass a variety of events so should the driver have a button that records images and sends them to the police. Would be ideal when cars cut buses up making them brake. The police could then deal with the offence.

Stuharris 6360

good idea, although by the time the driver has pressed the button, the event will be over. Perhaps all buses should have a camera facing towards the road that operates all the time, then if an incident happens, the driver can press a button to mark the recording where it needs to be seen.

I remember that some London Routemasters had cameras installed to stop motorists using bus lanes.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 03, 2014, 03:14:30 PM
good idea, although by the time the driver has pressed the button, the event will be over. Perhaps all buses should have a camera facing towards the road that operates all the time, then if an incident happens, the driver can press a button to mark the recording where it needs to be seen.

I remember that some London Routemasters had cameras installed to stop motorists using bus lanes.

Most NXWM buses have 24/7 operating forward facing cameras.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

YWDriver

I have often wanted this feature when I see drivers on their phones and the like. In all seriousness if drivers knew that police were monitoring bus cameras/bus drivers could mark the tapes, then it could improve the standard of driving as people may think twice before doing something silly.

Edit: Just had a thought, did I read on here that 4368 has a forward facing ANPR camera or is that in my imagination?

Tony

Quote from: YWDriver on June 03, 2014, 06:50:26 PM
I have often wanted this feature when I see drivers on their phones and the like. In all seriousness if drivers knew that police were monitoring bus cameras/bus drivers could mark the tapes, then it could improve the standard of driving as people may think twice before doing something silly.

Edit: Just had a thought, did I read on here that 4368 has a forward facing ANPR camera or is that in my imagination?

I believe that was one of the things mentioned in the press release

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on June 03, 2014, 06:54:58 PM

Yes that's correct and also a red-light sensor apparently according to the engineers so it automatically takes a still when a car jumps a red in front of the bus. Don't know how this technology works, mind. And microphones in the windows?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on June 04, 2014, 09:51:01 AM
Quote from: Tony on June 03, 2014, 06:54:58 PM

Yes that's correct and also a red-light sensor apparently according to the engineers so it automatically takes a still when a car jumps a red in front of the bus. Don't know how this technology works, mind. And microphones in the windows?

The microphones in the windows don't record speech, but can detect the scratching of windows and trigger a camera to record the actions near that window

:D

@OP

They could. I think they would need to identify the person who was driving that car at time and they would also need to have an evidence of it. I don't think bus camera can do that.

If I remember correctly, any action taken by police/court is to driver of the car, not to the car. For example, if a car parked on the road is not insured, the police is to take action on owner of the car as s/he's responsible for getting it insured. If an uninsured mate borrows the car, and gets caught, it's mate who's in hot water, not the owner.

By that logic, any driver who gets caught by bus camera can claim it's not him/her who were driving that car at time.

the trainbasher

@:D but still they would need to name someone for the police under section 172 so they can't just say that it wasn't them but name nobody.

Quote from: Section 172 Road Traffic Act 1988Where the driver of a vehicle is alleged to be guilty of an offence to which this section applies—

(a)the person keeping the vehicle shall give such information as to the identity of the driver as he may be required to give by or on behalf of a chief officer of police, and

(b)any other person shall if required as stated above give any information which it is in his power to give and may lead to identification of the driver.

(3)Subject to the following provisions, a person who fails to comply with a requirement under subsection (2) above shall be guilty of an offence.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk