News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The niggles of public transport

Started by nitromatt1, May 21, 2014, 06:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Feel free to moan here about any little annoyances or discomforts regarding any aspect of public transport and, if appropriate, how you'd solve it...

For example, a long time ago I remember waiting for a 002, when a 9 came with the 002 tailgating it. I intended to flag down the 002, but the 9 pulled in to the stop and the 002 went powering past without a second thought. I had to hop on the 9 and make alternative plans.

I've seen this happen on countless occasions. I just can't think of any easy way to solve it, other than training drivers not to behave in this way.

Sh4318

When a Sunny Travel bus on the 120 drove straight past me after I tried to hail it.
2012, when London Midland were cancelling trains for fun. I remember there was one occasion, when I was wanting to travel to Worcester (from Galton Bridge), the xx:13 to Kidderminster had just gone, and they decided to announce that the xx:23 to Worcester was running nonstop from Birmingham Snow Hill - Stourbridge Junction. The clever/normal thing to do would be to announce the cancellation before letting the xx:13 to Kidderminster leave, because if I could have got the xx:13, I could've changed at Stourbridge Junction for the Worcester train. Typical London Midland, this was like a year ago, but it still frustrates me to this day!
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Lukeee

One I know isn't really the bus operators fault but still find it annoying, boarding a late and packed bus to see the one behind overtake at the next stop near enough empty and the packed bus your on not being able to catch up as passengers wish to get of at every stop.

John

Quote from: Lukeee on May 24, 2014, 08:27:29 PM
One I know isn't really the bus operators fault but still find it annoying, boarding a late and packed bus to see the one behind overtake at the next stop near enough empty and the packed bus your on not being able to catch up as passengers wish to get of at every stop.

That was like my bus yesterday in PM peak. Left City with a standing load, and by the time I got to Pheasey, the next 2 33s behind me had overtook (had to run special from Pheasey to Perry Barr to get back on time). I don't know if the bus in front of me was missing, or it was just busier than usual

Trident 4609

When you wait for a bus thats every 30 minutes and then a trip doesn't turn up so you have to wait half an hour for another bus! ;)

Sorry for the rant but it happened to me this morning. I went to the 25C/28 stop on Ridge Lane in Wednesfield at 09:10 (Due at 09:14) but waited till 09:44 for the next 25C to turn up. To make matters worse it was pouring down with rain and there was no shelter  >:( ;D

Sh4318

@Nathan that happened to me once, I ended up waiting an hour for a 444 (was every 30 mins)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

trident4370

I'll never forget one evening when the 3 ran to Solihull... I came in off the 82 at 5:10 in the station, wasn't on a bus home until half 6...

Niall

When I used to wait for the bus home from the Town Hall stop in Birmingham it was always really annoying when the bus came round Paradise Circus in the middle lane and wouldn't/couldn't pull over to the stop. The parked coaches didn't help as you couldn't see the bus coming round the corner until it was almost past the stop.

Also when I was at college waiting in Stourbridge (while the bus station was closed) there would be a couple of buses worth of passengers waiting to get on in the pouring rain and the buses would sit there empty while the drivers were on breaks. Most mornings I would have to wait up to 40mins for a 9 to arrive as well, which for some reason seemed to sort itself out when the bus station re-opened.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk