News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Return tickets & proving to the dole you're not fiddling!

Started by Westy, May 20, 2014, 04:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Talking to the nephew today and he told me this.

He has to prove to the dole that he's been on a course so he has to prove this by sending his bus tickets in for reimbursement.

Ok, I said.

He has to hand in his ticket on the return journey.

Some drivers let him have half a ticket back, some don't.

What's the official view?

PM

Quote from: Westy on May 20, 2014, 04:36:40 PM

He has to prove to the dole that he's been on a course so he has to prove this by sending his bus tickets in for reimbursement.

Ok, I said.

First off is this in the WM if so he could hand a daysaver in.

If it is diamond the ticket will be punched and the user will be allowed to retain it. Don't know if NX use these punches on routes with returns.

notepanel

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 20, 2014, 06:11:19 PM
Quote from: Westy on May 20, 2014, 04:36:40 PM

Ok, I said.

First off is this in the WM if so he could hand a daysaver in.

If it is diamond the ticket will be punched and the user will be allowed to retain it. Don't know if NX use these punches on routes with returns.

In theory you should be able to retain something - how else would you prove to a revenue inspector you had a valid ticket if required!

Isle of Stroma

Tell the dole to contact the course provider, they will be able to confirm attendance!

Actually, the ticket is only required as evidence of travel costs for reimbursement. Attendance of the course is ratified by the course provider themselves - they should be maintaining an attendance sheet that your nephew has to sign in each session.

Westy

Ta for the advice.

Must admit, from what I've heard about the dole people,  they seem as useful as a chocolate fireguard!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk