News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wayfarer ticket machines

Started by Liberator9, May 05, 2012, 07:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

I went on the Solihull Signature routes today, including 82 and the S2, plus the 30 a little while ago. The Mercedes are excellent especially on the 60mph section! I noticed however on one Citaro (60 reg), the Solo SRs and the Versas that often there was a squeak every time we ran over rough road. It was coming from the drivers' cab and was quite severe on the Versa. I've deducted that this is due to the ticket machines vibrating and squeaking, being present on some Scanias too with the same type. Could someone confirm this as it is something in the drivers' cabs. It is annoying sometimes but is made up for by the quality!

Discodave

some of the older wayfarers were like that too was it rubbing against a protection screen if not the mountings for the power plate have rubber/nylon washers and when they start to wear get a little loose and start to rub on what they are on making a squeaking sound.

Liberator9

There wasn't a screen and the machine was new. Shame really as the buses would be so much quieter if the problem was solved. Thanks for the detailed reply!

Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk