News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Flickr

Started by ilovetea4370, May 20, 2013, 11:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Most webhosting packages come with software you can install to build your website, there are many 'free' open-source image gallery solutions such as Coppermine, which you can configure as you like to display your photo collections.

They may not look as 'flashy' as Flickr, but you have full control.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

nitromatt1

Managed to put together a set on Flickr, of my photos of all 30 Pensnett Enviros (yes, I mean 30)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitromatt1/sets/72157633608690881/with/8807027864/

John

After getting used to the new Flickr the past few days, I have got used to the new homepage, and don't mind it. Just as I have said before, the only thing I want to change back, is your photostream homepage, back with smaller pictures and my collections on the right for easy navigation of my pictures. Also I want the sets to go back to using thumbnails, and not the large pics, as sometimes you can not scroll down, and with a big set, like my O405N one, with 180 pics in it, it takes forever for them all to load, and then even longer if I want to look at a picture of a specific one.

s-m-991

Well seen new layout and its better I think, and i'll say now and I haven't before your updates are brilliant John :-D

John

Once again Flickr have changed the photo pages to a different, and harder to navigate layout. A good thing I cancelled my Pro membership last week, especially as you don't get anything extra now

I had got used to the last version of the page, and quite liked it too. This one is getting such bad feedback on the Flickr forum

Sh4318

Flickr is absolutely dreadful! I just put loads of photos on the uploader, changed tab for a second and it refreshed and all the photos were lost. So angry!
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

nitromatt1

Quote from: Sh4318 on April 20, 2014, 11:30:57 PM
Flickr is absolutely dreadful! I just put loads of photos on the uploader, changed tab for a second and it refreshed and all the photos were lost. So angry!

I miss the old Flickr layout. I don't like the majority of aspects of the most recent redesign

Sh4318

Quote from: Matt on April 20, 2014, 11:38:15 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on April 20, 2014, 11:30:57 PM

I miss the old Flickr layout. I don't like the majority of aspects of the most recent redesign

I can see what they were trying to do with the redesign. But like you, I don't agree with the changes. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" springs to mind
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

John

Luckily my tablet still shows the previous Flickr layout, so it still exists, but like you, I have the new layout. All the feedback on there is the same "rubbish" "change it back" etc. I cancelled my pro subscription as soon as I saw this change. It's just a waiting game to see if Flickr listen to feedback and get rid of the most recent 'improvements'

Liverpool Street

Reminds me of the endless Facebook changes I keep hearing about.............
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk