News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Mobile app

Started by tank90, February 21, 2014, 02:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Yes you read that right, Diamond are having a mobile app. Heres some info

"Finally, our new mobile app will be launching soon! Our app allows you to purchase your bus tickets through your mobile phone. Keep an eye out for further details next week!"

Taken from there facebook post

"Diamond Buses
There are lots of changes happening in Redditch next week...

From 23 February, there will be timetable changes on our 57 & 58 services to help improve reliability. We are also launching our 57A and 58A services which will both operate hourly to the Alexandra Hospital, 7 days a week!

The new 57, 57A, 58 & 58A timetable is available to download via our website -

Please be aware that there are a number of fare changes happening from 23 February. Details can also be found on our website.

Finally, our new mobile app will be launching soon! Our app allows you to purchase your bus tickets through your mobile phone. Keep an eye out for further details next week!"
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

First, I think it is a great idea having a mobile app. Bus tickets on the mobile seem a fairly good idea, provided they work, but I would also like to see it have a real time tracker so people can see their buses coming and it would be best if rolled out into Redditch, Kidderminster and the West Midlands. Though as a first step, this sounds very promising.

tank90

March 3rd is the launch date see facebook or twitter for more info.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

tank90

Launched today for Redditch Kidderminster and Network Tickets.
I must say the only problem is, drivers look at your phone and there ticket machine puzzled, and then start tapping the buttons, rather funny in a way.

Dan

jc

There meant to check there machine to makesure the code matches the one on there, after making what must be 30 trips using this ticket, this has happened once! I have even had a guy turn and say 'what the heck is that?' ...

I think potencially a more in depth training may be needed as im using the bus on an m-ticket and my journey is not being recorded.

Another problem is the limited use, ive had several drivers say that its the first time they have seen it, which is understandable as i doubt the app is in wide use yet, maybe posters need to.be put on the bus to promote the app?

vinh1000

Quote from: jc on March 12, 2014, 08:28:00 AM
There meant to check there machine to makesure the code matches the one on there, after making what must be 30 trips using this ticket, this has happened once! I have even had a guy turn and say 'what the heck is that?' ...

I think potencially a more in depth training may be needed as im using the bus on an m-ticket and my journey is not being recorded.

Another problem is the limited use, ive had several drivers say that its the first time they have seen it, which is understandable as i doubt the app is in wide use yet, maybe posters need to.be put on the bus to promote the app?

This is the same problem with SWIFT cards
Redditch have now put up a poster stating how and where these are accepted as obv it is not widely used in Redditch

likewise if i try and buy a connect a using a bus from Long Acre same story
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk