News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Crime Stats

Started by monkeyjoe, February 18, 2014, 10:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

I am just curious as to which of the Birmingham major corridors reports the most crimes. I.e fare evasion, vandalism etc etc. Just curious, did I read on other threads that the Coventry Road 60 is quite bad?

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 18, 2014, 10:01:04 PM
I am just curious as to which of the Birmingham major corridors reports the most crimes. I.e fare evasion, vandalism etc etc. Just curious, did I read on other threads that the Coventry Road 60 is quite bad?

Because they carry the most passengers

Lukeee

I would imagine the routes with the highest crime stats would be the main corridors into brum (particularly the most buisiest/frequent)such as the Soho Road (74/75) Bristol Road (61/63) etc.

NXWM Spectra

What would be interesting is to find out which routes have the highest crime to total number of passengers ratio.

notepanel

Not quite what the topic was about - but todays Express & Star reports that 24,000 fines were issued by the Revenue team last year, out of almost 1million passengers checked. I believe that works out at 2.4% of passengers checked were travelling without the correct fare - or (as around 50,000 vehicles were checked), there will be one fare-dodger for every 2 (and a bit!) buses checked. (Obviously I appreciate that will vary!)

nitromatt1

Quote from: Lukeee on February 19, 2014, 10:28:37 PM

I would imagine the routes with the highest crime stats would be the main corridors into brum (particularly the most buisiest/frequent)such as the Soho Road (74/75) Bristol Road (61/63) etc.

I'm not sure why the Soho Road has such a bad reputation, I experience more smoking/anti-social behaviour on the 9 than the 74/75

monkeyjoe

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on February 19, 2014, 11:47:59 PM
What would be interesting is to find out which routes have the highest crime to total number of passengers ratio.

To be fair or "fare", that is what I meant but I was being lazy. Wouldn't imagine such stats would make the public domain.

With reference to the 74/75 can't be 100% people probably think that due area Daily Mail mentality .... sorry opps area  preconceptions lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk