News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Interior fleet numbers.

Started by settlerman, January 22, 2014, 12:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 4006 on January 28, 2014, 01:53:02 AM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 27, 2014, 10:23:07 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 27, 2014, 10:15:05 PM
Yes if you are referring to the hybrids and tridents although I'm not sure whether those black fleet numbers had already been applied on the upper saloon. Tridents definetley didn't have black fleet numbers on the upper deck previously

Indeed they didn't. Just seems they're making it easier for the bus to be reported, as no staff member has any need or requirement for the upper saloon numbers

Maybe they will come in handy after a bridge strike so they know which bus to 'stick the roof back onto' afterwards, or maybe it's for passengers wishing to report an incident to do with the vehicle who will not be passing the lower saloon fleet number on their way off  :P
Either way I would say 90% of passengers wouldn't even notice it & 85% of passengers would not even know what it is

Ha, I think you're right there -- "O.K. Madam (even though 'she's' just some Northfield Bulldog wanting to complain about the driver bringing her sprog up about the out of date WeeklySaver scratch card), do you know the vehicle fleet number?" . . "Durr, Da numba is 63 u kno." Etc etc etc

Its like people who notice it say 'what's that number for?' To which my usual response was 'I don't know to be honest' ;)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

broma1k

Travelled on 4939 last night to Sutton & it had a fleet number upstairs & downstairs above the front windows.

Trident 4609

Quote from: broma1k on January 29, 2014, 08:46:18 AM
Travelled on 4939 last night to Sutton & it had a fleet number upstairs & downstairs above the front windows.

I might be wrong but BC's and PB's newest E400's my have had those fleet numbers since new?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Nathan on January 29, 2014, 09:30:51 AM
Quote from: broma1k on January 29, 2014, 08:46:18 AM

I might be wrong but BC's and PB's newest E400's my have had those fleet numbers since new?

Correct.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk