News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Radio

Started by vinh1000, January 21, 2014, 09:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinh1000

Quick question

On a 900 earlier garage was calling the driver and noticed it cut off as approach around showrll bridge
Was looking at the display and it said no serv.

Wondered if the radio was controlled by GPRS or something
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Stuharris 6360

unless they have been recently changed, aren't the radios still analogue ones which mean reception can be affected by bridges and suchlike?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

[joke mode]
Basically it's powered by a hamster who's hidden in the bodywork so when it is worn out it fails
[/joke mode]

Seriously, could it be that it gets affected by bridges, tunnels, distance from transmitter and occasionally massive structures?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

notepanel

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 21, 2014, 04:36:47 PM
[joke mode]
Basically it's powered by a hamster who's hidden in the bodywork so when it is worn out it fails
[/joke mode]

Seriously, could it be that it gets affected by bridges, tunnels, distance from transmitter and occasionally massive structures?

I pretty sure it can - I seem to remember BC would always 'lose' buses when there were in Halesowen?

nitromatt1

Quote from: notepanel on January 21, 2014, 08:02:06 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on January 21, 2014, 04:36:47 PM
[joke mode]
[/joke mode]

I pretty sure it can - I seem to remember BC would always 'lose' buses when there were in Halesowen?

That'll be the kids from Hasbury

Steveminor

I've seen an inspector trying to call a bus for several minutes without success in Solihull town centre. In the end he gave up & walked over to the bus to talk to the driver.

Westy

Quote from: Steveminor on January 22, 2014, 06:01:09 AM
I've seen an inspector trying to call a bus for several minutes without success in Solihull town centre. In the end he gave up & walked over to the bus to talk to the driver.

LOL

YWDriver

Not sure of the technology behind them, but the radios do loose signal every now and then.

Solo1

Didn't they have some years back depot code on front & on
the back call sign I think singles was A. Deckers metros D. Fleetlines B  not sure
about the minis if that was C

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Solo1 on January 22, 2014, 02:23:16 PM
the back call sign I think singles was A. Deckers metros D. Fleetlines B  not sure

Remember back in the old days, fleetline 6360s call sign was A481.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 22, 2014, 02:32:59 PM
Quote from: Solo1 on January 22, 2014, 02:23:16 PM

Remember back in the old days, fleetline 6360s call sign was A481.

A was Black Country
B was Birmingham
C was Coventry
D was Birmingham again (D was then later used for Metrobuses matching last 3 numbers with fleetnumbers)

B1; B2 & B3 were the 3 towing wagons
B4-7 were the first 4 fleetlines fitted with Radios 3317-20

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk