News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

97 - City Centre Loop?

Started by CL, December 22, 2013, 02:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

So, I've seen the 97 display "Loop" before. And I've seen it go up the Priory Queensway, any ideas where it goes/comes from - I only ever see it in the City Centre and Digbeth so...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

I think the 'loop' applies to the Chelmsley Wood section of the 97, the Yorkminster Drive and Helmswood Drive loop that the 97 does after going through Pine Square, then circling the old terminus' of the 97 and 97A and terminating in Pine Square.

The 97s are using Priory Queensway, turning round at Old Square and using Moor Street to exit city rather than getting stuck in car park queues on Park Street, the same as the Coventry Road services using Carrs Lane and Dale End. This is only in Saturday and Sundays until Christmas

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on December 22, 2013, 02:54:39 PM
I think the 'loop' applies to the Chelmsley Wood section of the 97, the Yorkminster Drive and Helmswood Drive loop that the 97 does after going through Pine Square, then circling the old terminus' of the 97 and 97A and terminating in Pine Square.

The 97s are using Priory Queensway, turning round at Old Square and using Moor Street to exit city rather than getting stuck in car park queues on Park Street, the same as the Coventry Road services using Carrs Lane and Dale End. This is only in Saturday and Sundays until Christmas

...and when AVL decide to do it in the week when Park St is particularly bad.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 22, 2013, 03:38:58 PM
Quote from: John on December 22, 2013, 02:54:39 PM

...and when AVL decide to do it in the week when Park St is particularly bad.

And when I tell told them to this afternoon when I saw Park Street stop on the cameras. Back on normal line of route now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk