News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Oh dear!

Started by Matt.N0056, December 18, 2013, 10:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Easy mistake to make to be honest -- I dare say John will have a few of these!!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

John

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 19, 2013, 01:25:06 PM

Yes I have, not on a kerb that big!!

Reminds me of the high kerbs on the Aldridge By-pass on the railway bridge. It is a lot easier than it looks to get a bus through those (as they are on both sides of the single lane). I have always feared hitting one if I had to drive a bus over that bridge

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on December 19, 2013, 05:04:55 PM

Reminds me of the high kerbs on the Aldridge By-pass on the railway bridge. It is a lot easier than it looks to get a bus through those (as they are on both sides of the single lane). I have always feared hitting one if I had to drive a bus over that bridge

Try a Tri-Axle coach around the winding roads of Wales with various chicanes up and down mountain roads... bollards in Midlands are nothing!!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 19, 2013, 05:13:32 PM
Quote from: John on December 19, 2013, 05:04:55 PM

Try a Tri-Axle coach around the winding roads of Wales with various chicanes up and down mountain roads... bollards in Midlands are nothing!!

The 77/77A circulars and the 78 in the Lake District are the best for that sort of thing, especially the 78 as it's allocated Tridents/Olympians along roads which are challenging enough in cars.

The 77/A has the most spectacular scenery and terrifying drops though. Strictly Optare Solos only as they are literally the only buses that can make it up the hills, plus there is the risk of ploughing into another car, a rambler or a herd of a sheep around every corner.

Sorry to wander off topic, but I recommend the 77/77A for any enthusiasts who like challenging and scary routes coupled with breathtaking scenery

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk