News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Unpaid fare cards

Started by Tony, December 01, 2013, 09:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I bet a lot of people on here have never heard of these! I still have some.

Liverpool Street

Got BC ones from when I did the in-house NVQ many years ago.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

vinh1000

How much did it used to be then I wonder? now its like £25 isn't it  :o
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Tony

Quote from: vinh1000 on December 02, 2013, 08:42:37 PM

No it is £2 now (or £1.70)

vinh1000

Quote from: Tony on December 02, 2013, 09:00:29 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on December 02, 2013, 08:42:37 PM

No it is £2 now (or £1.70)

Ah I thought you meant the standard fare if you get caught by a inspector for example :-/
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

windy miller

On the 110 This afternoon (Tues) in Corp'n st (B'ham) A young  guy 'flashed' a fare reciept at the driver as he quickly brushed past every one else....Fortunately the driver was no mug...he switched off the engine and collared the guy..after pretending he couldn't find his 'pass' he just walked off and jumped on 4931 (904) presumably to try the same thing again... >:( >:(  does this happen often???? 
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Kevin

Quote from: windy miller on December 04, 2013, 03:37:22 AM
On the 110 This afternoon (Tues) in Corp'n st (B'ham) A young  guy 'flashed' a fare reciept at the driver as he quickly brushed past every one else....Fortunately the driver was no mug...he switched off the engine and collared the guy..after pretending he couldn't find his 'pass' he just walked off and jumped on 4931 (904) presumably to try the same thing again... >:( >:(  does this happen often????

Yes, seen it numerous times, some people try it and the moment the driver opens his mouth walk back off again, others (usually the ones with a status symbol of a dog with them, on a chain not a leash) try it and then mouth off something chronic at the driver telling him to shut up and drive, then eventually gets off and continues to wait at the stop
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

settlerman

TOO often.

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on December 04, 2013, 06:46:57 AM

Yes, seen it numerous times, some people try it and the moment the driver opens his mouth walk back off again, others (usually the ones with a status symbol of a dog with them, on a chain not a leash) try it and then mouth off something chronic at the driver telling him to shut up and drive, then eventually gets off and continues to wait at the stop

Yesterday morning some fella got on my 37, fumbled around in his pockets then flashed what must have been an off-peak pass at the driver, as the driver then got into an argument with him about how he can't use that pass before 9:30 (it was about 8:45 at the time), and that it wasn't worth him losing his job if he let him on. The guy then told him 'I'll take my chances' and then sat down! Fair play to the driver, he stood his ground and refused to move the bus. I'm not sure of the final outcome, as I got off, only because we were at the stop before I would get off normally and walked the rest of the way. The bus did drive past me a couple of minutes later.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk