News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

S22?

Started by Stu, December 19, 2013, 06:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

While taking a trip to Solihull this evening, from Dovehouse Parade onwards, I noticed that the 37 stops also had S22 on the flag.

I was curious if this was a new service or not, but there are no timetables shown on the Network West Midlands website.

After a Google search, I came across this Notice & Proceedings document:

This document is dated 23-Aug-2013, and page 9 lists a load of new registrations for WMSNT, 39H, 39R, S20, S21, S22 and S23, all effective from 1st September.

The 39H and 39R seem to exist, as there are timetables on the NWM website, and they are also listed on WMSNTs website among the many routes they now operate.
http://www.wmsntbusservices.org/routes-and-timetables/

Does anyone know any more about the mysterious S20, S21, S22 and S23 services?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

D10

Certain frequently requested and heavily used sections of Ring and Ride services have been registered as Local Bus Services. The S22 is from Mell Square to Warwick Road/Grange Road. There are 3 trips on a Tuesday and Wednesday and 2 on a Thursday (info from the Omnibus Society Bulletin).

Presumably before or after operating the Registered section it then goes to wherever a customer has requested it.

I guess there must be some financial reasons behind this!

Stu

Thanks for that D10, sort of makes sense now.

(it was too cold and wet yesterday otherwise I'd have got off the 37 and investigated the timetable display at one of the stops)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk