News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Thumbs up from me!

Started by RW, November 28, 2014, 10:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew1991

If the buses are the same colour as the new fare charts they're going to be dark

Is there a collection of photos chronicling the history of West Midlands bus liveries, a time line of which liveries started when and ceased to be, specifically from what is today nxwm to its routes through history. May be some one can point me the right direction if not a project for somebody. I,ve seen various random snapshots on the net at various points in time but nothing in order.
I can remember as kid in the 80s seeing so many variations of the blue/cream then blue/ silver.

tank90

After looking at trainbashers YouTube videos more so the Arriva Sapphire one I had some suggested vids come up which had vids from other parts of the Arriva bus family, and low and behold in the Nertherlands Arriva have NXB with red dipped fronts and white backs for local routes and then a mid grey bar along the bottom of the bus of out of city routes.
This lead me to think are Arriva looking to change there livery through out Europe as they had what looked to be new buses painted into this livery. Because if that is the case then I can see why NXB have decided to change the livery.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

DavieDD2

The red is still hideous, but this would get the "thumbs up from me" :)

NX new livery 2 by DD02 BUS, on Flickr

Trident 4609

That could be the Coventry Variant possibly? ;)

DavieDD2

Coventry are welcome to share it - as long as Dundee get it as well!

arrifirststage

Quote from: DavieDD2 on January 08, 2015, 04:52:49 AM
The red is still hideous, but this would get the "thumbs up from me" :)

NX new livery 2 by DD02 BUS, on Flickr

A very attractive livery but............it really doesn't matter how the buses are painted if they are immediately covered with multicoloured branding stickers does it.

Liverpool Street

@arrifirststage ... You really hate branding, don't you? Haha

Maybe another new style of branding for the new livery... Simpler the better in my opinion; like the Pershore Road livery of old.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Mike K

Make both of those blues darker, and the swoop cream, and that would make a great West Midlands livery, instead of the maroon / red.

Trident 4609

An updated article on the NX website has appeared for this years order:

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/transport-bosses-announce-timetable-for-record-investment

It mentions that the first new buses will be on the road in March with the last buses to enter service being the Platinum Vehicles in the summer

DavieDD2

Sounds like Dundee might get some more cascaded 15 year old Presidents them, woo hoo! (they'd still be better than our wrecked Geminis)

Solo1

Quote from: Nathan on January 08, 2015, 07:50:45 PM
An updated article on the NX website has appeared for this years order:

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/transport-bosses-announce-timetable-for-record-investment

It mentions that the first new buses will be on the road in March with the last buses to enter service being the Platinum Vehicles in the summer
where will the first batch of new buses be going to if its been decided yet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk