News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fare Deals

Started by Kevin_Brum12, October 16, 2013, 08:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_Brum12

Of note on National Express West Midlands Facebook page is that the company is asking passengers what they think about the current range of tickets and if any additional products or passes be added to the range.

http://www.facebook.com/nxwestmidlands

Top suggestions so far are to permanently re-introduce the Evening Saver ticket for passengers travelling on their own, introducing Travelcards for use solely within Birmingham rather than forcing city passengers to buy a Regional Travelcard, and give more incentives to Travelcard holders paying by Direct Debit.  Yes you get a discount with an NX Direct Debit Travelcard, but how about being able to use your Travelcard as a discount card in the shops, or to get cheap tickets on the coach operation?

What other suggestions do people have?   

Liverpool Street

Get rid of the scratch cards and make the daysavers scum-proof.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 16, 2013, 08:29:10 PM
Get rid of the scratch cards and make the daysavers scum-proof.

As both a driver and Revenue Inspector I have a dislike of the scratch-offs for several reasons I am not going to post in the public domain.

the trainbasher

I caught a 82 a few weeks ago and a chap boarded in front of me with a scratchcard dated a week prior to usage.

Needless to say the WB driver asked him firmly to get off.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mranon

i suggested they give out a voucher which can be exchanged on the bus for a daysaver i.e passenger puts it in cash chute, and driver issues ticket - scumproof. i saw one that has been painted over to try and disguise its use!!!

karl724223

Scratch off cards worst thing they bought back they got rid off them years ago because of the fraud with them

Kevin_Brum12

Presuambly when the smartcards come in the scratch-off daysavers will go? 

Gareth

One guy got on in front of me a couple of months ago. He had April to August all scratched off.
"Scratched the wrong date Bruv" Annoyingly he was let on! Grrrr!

nitromatt1

Quote from: Gareth on October 17, 2013, 12:14:26 AM
One guy got on in front of me a couple of months ago. He had April to August all scratched off.
"Scratched the wrong date Bruv" Annoyingly he was let on! Grrrr!

Most drivers will just report fraud/dishonesty on the Wayfarer, so they aren't made late

Gareth

I'd personally prefer to be delayed by a minute. I could rant about fare dodgers for hours, but I'll just sit down and take a deep breath instead.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Gareth on October 17, 2013, 12:58:32 PM
I'd personally prefer to be delayed by a minute. I could rant about fare dodgers for hours, but I'll just sit down and take a deep breath instead.

Well its this society it just breeds scum - even people you think are genuine aren't!!! Trust no one!!
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Stu

What really gets me is when people who are in the wrong get caught out, and end up making the loudest noises!

Last week I was on the 37 heading home, and a lady tried getting off the bus when the revenue team pounced. She didn't have a ticket, and tried to claim that she had thrown it in the Used Tickets bin as she was leaving, however the inspector looked in the bin and stated out loud that it was empty. She then continued to argue the toss, even when the driver started shaking his head when the inspector asked if he recalled her putting cash in to buy a ticket. Eventually after a minute or so, they got her off the bus, and she stood at the stop with her arms folded, realising she wasn't going to get away with it.

Likewise, when a dodgy looking geezer gets on and flashes a crumpled up ticket at the driver, and then when the driver taps his screen and asks to see his 'freesaver' then orders him off the bus, gets a torrent of foul abuse!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stu on October 17, 2013, 07:37:11 PM
What really gets me is when people who are in the wrong get caught out, and end up making the loudest noises!

Last week I was on the 37 heading home, and a lady tried getting off the bus when the revenue team pounced. She didn't have a ticket, and tried to claim that she had thrown it in the Used Tickets bin as she was leaving, however the inspector looked in the bin and stated out loud that it was empty. She then continued to argue the toss, even when the driver started shaking his head when the inspector asked if he recalled her putting cash in to buy a ticket. Eventually after a minute or so, they got her off the bus, and she stood at the stop with her arms folded, realising she wasn't going to get away with it.

Likewise, when a dodgy looking geezer gets on and flashes a crumpled up ticket at the driver, and then when the driver taps his screen and asks to see his 'freesaver' then orders him off the bus, gets a torrent of foul abuse!

I know Stu, and what really knarks me is sometimes 'genuine' passengers forget to buy a new pass for the next week and its out for 1day, and they're the ones stupid enough to get a £35 fine, even though without police force there be no rights for them to do you. Its this darn nanny state. Honestly, I'm beginning to hate what this country is turning into. I'm just glad I've had my time but you young folk - good luck!!
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk