News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

National Express supporting Poppy Day

Started by Stu, October 24, 2013, 08:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/west-midlands-buses-are-first-to-wear-poppy

I was glad to read this, and to see that NX have made a bold move to support Poppy Day by putting poppies on 750 of their buses.

I only say 'bold move' because is there really such a 'fear of offending' culture prevalent in our country, that other big companies might have thought twice about doing so?

I fully support this, and think its a fantastic gesture. But I do wonder how long it will be before someone, whether a group or an individual, does take offence to this, whether by vandalising a poppy fixed to a bus, or by insulting or assaulting anyone selling poppies on a bus.

I really hope this never happens, but I hope there would be a strong public backlash if this were ever to occur, however remotely. And I hope that NX themselves wouldn't back down.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Gareth

I recall in the early 90s all Washwood Heath buses (well Metrobuses at least) had red noses on the front for comic relief.

Isle of Stroma

I'm not their biggest fan, but they do have a history of supporting this most worthy cause.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Will these be mounted inside or out? As the ones they are holding seem huge!

uniquicity

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on October 24, 2013, 10:57:57 PM
Will these be mounted inside or out? As the ones they are holding seem huge!

I think they are just stickers. I have seen a few on the nearside window above the buggy zone.

notepanel

Several National Express coaches are also 'wearing' Poppy stickers...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dd67773/10462754276/
(Picture by Steve Taylor)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk