News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Screens on buses showing CCTV

Started by Bus1237, November 12, 2018, 06:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Screens are a useful tool on buses. I'm often conscious about whose on the bus (More so when I catch it it late at night) so it helps to see who is where.

Roughly 2 months back, I caught 11(C) around 10:30pm and I tend to sit downstairs at that time but it was full so I went upstairs and sat right at the front. I assumed I was alone as I looked over my shoulder and saw no one there but when I glanced at the screen, 2 hooded youths were sat right at the back. I was slightly apprehensive but my bus journey wasn't long so I didn't think too much into it. 1 of them got up (To get off) but as he was approaching the stairs, he started to cover his face with what looked like a scarf. I got increasingly apprehensive but thankfully he just went down the stairs and got off. I saw all this via the screen.

They're useful pieces of equipment and if they help stave off anti - social behavior, it can only be a good thing. I'd imagine people are less likely to act stupid/ reckless when they are aware their antics are being broadcasted to everyone.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

l.murphy123

The 4M has next stop information on (well, depends on the bus, I have seen the 4/4H/4M branded busses doing 29/31/32 a lot recently).
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Jack

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 21, 2018, 05:13:27 PM
The 4M has next stop information on (well, depends on the bus, I have seen the 4/4H/4M branded busses doing 29/31/32 a lot recently).
The 4/4H/4M all have next stop information on the monitors.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 21, 2018, 05:13:27 PM
And 34/39

l.murphy123

Quote from: Jack on November 21, 2018, 05:15:54 PM
The 4/4H/4M all have next stop information on the monitors.

They should roll that out on other busses, it wouldn't detract value from the Platinums. The voice on the 4M sounds very depressed lol, probably because it's such a long route and passes several cemeteries (for the people that don't make it to Merry Hill alive!).
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Jack

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 21, 2018, 10:39:03 PM
They should roll that out on other busses, it wouldn't detract value from the Platinums. The voice on the 4M sounds very depressed lol, probably because it's such a long route and passes several cemeteries (for the people that don't make it to Merry Hill alive!).
The ones on the 4 and 4H are the same guy with the same voice.

mesub

Quote from: Jack on November 22, 2018, 05:06:19 PM
The ones on the 4 and 4H are the same guy with the same voice.
Are they really? If so are they the hybrid voice of DJ Phil Upton or is it the Platinum voice of mystery person (I was told it was computerised)
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Tony

Quote from: mesub on November 23, 2018, 12:45:52 PM
Are they really? If so are they the hybrid voice of DJ Phil Upton or is it the Platinum voice of mystery person (I was told it was computerised)

None are computerised. They are all the genuine voice of an actor recording each name. The Phil Upton ones have been replaced

l.murphy123

Quote from: Tony on November 23, 2018, 01:34:35 PM

None are computerised. They are all the genuine voice of an actor recording each name. The Phil Upton ones have been replaced

So the new Platinum routes have a different voice? I want to know about Arriva Sapphire they sound more computerised.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

mesub

Quote from: Tony on November 23, 2018, 01:34:35 PM

Which is probably why some of the stops don't get updated quickly
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk