News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

What ever happened to the "please let the bus pull out stickers" with the thumb

Started by mranon, August 28, 2013, 07:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mranon

years ago, there used to be a sticker on the back offside corner of the bus, with a thumbs up with please let my bus pull out or words to that effect. following a trident earlier, you can see where the sticker used to be. Why were these faded out?

Liverpool Street

Cause no one listened to them. Lol.

They were part of early WMpte stickers.

Replaced by the thumb with 'Buses Making Travel Easier' around 2004 iirc.

Then phased out totally by now. Still some in refurbed 41 tridents with the sticker and the 'greenest bus ever' stickers aswell.

Good times.

I would like to see them make a return.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

It used to be in the Highway Code, at least in the copy I read as a child, when my mum and dad were learning to drive.

Even if the stickers were put back on, most motorists are simply too selfish to pay any attention to them.

The number of times I've been on the 37, and even as the bus pulls away from a stop, cars are still over-taking to try and get in front. There was very nearly a horrific incident the other morning in Tyseley when some car tried overtaking the bus right into oncoming traffic.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stu on August 28, 2013, 08:00:22 PM
It used to be in the Highway Code, at least in the copy I read as a child, when my mum and dad were learning to drive.

Even if the stickers were put back on, most motorists are simply too selfish to pay any attention to them.

The number of times I've been on the 37, and even as the bus pulls away from a stop, cars are still over-taking to try and get in front. There was very nearly a horrific incident the other morning in Tyseley when some car tried overtaking the bus right into oncoming traffic.

Used to be section 53 of the old highway code but I think its in the mid 150's now and mixed into another rule.

Besides, highway code? Who listens to that once they pass their test? Grrr... >:(
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: mranon on August 28, 2013, 07:33:23 PM
years ago, there used to be a sticker on the back offside corner of the bus, with a thumbs up with please let my bus pull out or words to that effect. following a trident earlier, you can see where the sticker used to be. Why were these faded out?

That's brought back an old memory from years and years ago when I was little, being in the car going up Manor Lane (near Quinton) and seeing a bus in front with that sticker on its back. Pretty sure it must've been a Trident on the 9. Several years later...they are back on there on a daily basis!

BU07 LGO

Theres one of these on one of the BU07 enviros at PB I think its 4725 or 26!

Also the greenest bus ever stickers were applied to the B7 ALX and Tridents! It cant be both of them!?

Trident 4609

Remember seeing that sticker on the tridents and then they started to remove them eventually

Liverpool Street

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 29, 2013, 01:18:41 AM
Theres one of these on one of the BU07 enviros at PB I think its 4725 or 26!

Also the greenest bus ever stickers were applied to the B7 ALX and Tridents! It cant be both of them!?

Was both actually.

I'm sure I've a picture with both a B7 ALX and Trident with them on. Certain in fact.
until it cought fire

Lukeee

I know the ALX400's had them on and im pretty sure the earlier Tridents had them on also

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Lukeee on August 29, 2013, 09:33:08 PM
I know the ALX400's had them on and im pretty sure the earlier Tridents had them on also

Well obviously, just look at 4183  ::)
until it cought fire

BU07 LGO

I know they were on both tridnets and B7, I meant surel;y both types cant be the greenest ever!?

Mike K

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 30, 2013, 01:25:44 AM
I know they were on both tridnets and B7, I meant surel;y both types cant be the greenest ever!?

Both types were the first 2 batches of Euro 3 buses purchased by TWM. I would imagine if you examine CO2 emission data one might be slightly greener than the other but I suspect proclaiming Euro 3 was what they were getting at.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on August 30, 2013, 07:20:35 AM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 30, 2013, 01:25:44 AM

Both types were the first 2 batches of Euro 3 buses purchased by TWM. I would imagine if you examine CO2 emission data one might be slightly greener than the other but I suspect proclaiming Euro 3 was what they were getting at.

Exactly.

The difference will probably been small as the drivetrain would've been the same etc.
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk