News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Plain White Buses

Started by Nathan4775, August 25, 2013, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: YW4355 on August 26, 2013, 12:49:10 PM
A driver told me that quite a few NXWM drivers are leaving to go to Stagecoach rugby, aparantly they are fed up with NXs hostile behaviour towards its employees and their shifts are getting longer and longer.

Also there is a rumour that Stagecoach is looking at land in Longbridge for a new depot....

Danny Gill has said elsewhere that Mike DeCourcey are struggling with driver shortages on their NX coach diagrams and that NX coach drivers are defecting to Megabus work @ Rugby, I can't image it would be worth their while for Birmingham based NXWM bus drivers to work from Rugby.

Stagecoach only have eyes for the NXWM operation, I'd be surprised if they were to set up in the West Midlands now, they have more than ample opportunities in the past like when Go-Ahead Group sold Go West Midlands to Rotala. Stagecoach don't normally setup from scratch, they tend to buy an established independent then build on that

YW4355

A driver told me that quite a few NXWM drivers are leaving to go to Stagecoach rugby, aparantly they are fed up with NXs hostile behaviour towards its employees and their shifts are getting longer and longer.

Also there is a rumour that Stagecoach is looking at land in Longbridge for a new depot....

Another example of NXs behavior towards its employees...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/bus-drivers-hit-streets-brum-2039311
Dave

winston

Quote from: YW4355 on August 26, 2013, 01:01:04 PM

Another example of NXs behavior towards its employees...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/bus-drivers-hit-streets-brum-2039311

That's not confined to NX, First Group have the same issues frequently raised in the US

Gareth

Surely shifts can't get longer and longer because of legal driving hours?

Around the time of the takeover bid or maybe just after, I overheard some stagecoach employees at a bus rally who were talking to each other about the fact that there had been lots of stagecoach management travelling the network and watching the business. Especially from Birmingham City Centre.

monkeyjoe

Yes please. Brum needs more competition.

winston

Quote from: Gareth on August 27, 2013, 04:15:28 PM
Surely shifts can't get longer and longer because of legal driving hours?

Around the time of the takeover bid or maybe just after, I overheard some stagecoach employees at a bus rally who were talking to each other about the fact that there had been lots of stagecoach management travelling the network and watching the business. Especially from Birmingham City Centre.

I understand Stagecoach did come extremely close to getting their hands on NXWM during that period

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk