News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Dudley Diversions

Started by andrew1991, January 16, 2014, 12:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Delightful NX love to screw us over don't they and their being very vague on dertails aren't they

andrew1991

I'd say it's out of NX's hands, both New Street and Castle street will be closed.

But from past diversions i'm guessing buses that usually use New street will use the broadway, castle hill then birmingham street into the station

domino.99

Well it's gonna be a wait and see job isn't it and at such short notice

domino.99

I'm thinking that they might send it up the broadway then up to the lights where the one way out of dudley bus station is carry straight over down to the island which connects the southern by-pass and down toward the balck country museum go all the way around then go back up and pull in to dudley (via birmingham street) otherwise they'd be waiting for the public to let them turn onto birmingham street. I may sound like i'm talking out my arse but i reckon thats what could happen

andrew1991

Quote from: NXDom on January 16, 2014, 01:49:23 PM
I'm thinking that they might send it up the broadway then up to the lights where the one way out of dudley bus station is carry straight over down to the island which connects the southern by-pass and down toward the balck country museum go all the way around then go back up and pull in to dudley (via birmingham street) otherwise they'd be waiting for the public to let them turn onto birmingham street. I may sound like i'm talking out my arse but i reckon thats what could happen

personally I think it'll be more like this... after all traffic on castle gate island can get very busy.

the trainbasher

Basically from what I've been told.

Castle street will be closed
Fisher Street will be part closed from Castle Street for 25meters
New Street will be Closed from Tower Street to Castle Street

The Eastbound Bus Lane on Castle Hill will have its Traffic Regulation Order suspended.

Not all closures will be at the same time

Also, the current parking bays on New Street will become parking for Police liveried vehicles as Tower Street will become a diversion route for the duration

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

karl724223

These diversions been an ages and there running behind possibly finished by summer

andrew1991

I go past most days and the workers just seem to be standing round talking rather than working.

andrew1991

Announced today, work to reopen King Street to all traffic is to start August 25th. So I'm guessing buses using King Street will be diverted now too.

the trainbasher

Hopefully by then castle street will be open!!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

andrew1991

Key to the proposals will be the re-working of King Street to create an attractive tree lined boulevard accommodating on-street parking, wide pavements and, along part of its length, Midland Metro. If it ever happens.  ::)

Pedestrian crossings will link with routes through Long Entry and the Churchill Centre, whilst a new entrance point to the south of the centre will improve linkages through the existing mall and into New Mill Gate. Along King Street, new frontage development will provide a stronger urban form and introduce activity into the street through selective redevelopment to the south and subdivision of large plots and units to the north that currently only front the High Street.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk