News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bloxwich Road Southbound Diversion wc 19/8/13

Started by Westy, August 19, 2013, 07:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

How far down is the diversion?

Ive been diverted via Leamore Lane & Green Lane non stop to Walsall.

I was under the impression the diversion was as far as Forest Lane, so if thats the case, why arent buses being diverted via Harden Rd & the 19 route instead, as less stops are missed out that way.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on August 19, 2013, 07:06:14 AM
How far down is the diversion?

Ive been diverted via Leamore Lane & Green Lane non stop to Walsall.

I was under the impression the diversion was as far as Forest Lane, so if thats the case, why arent buses being diverted via Harden Rd & the 19 route instead, as less stops are missed out that way.

Bit difficult that as Forest Lane is closed

Westy

Thats not the impression you get from NWM's site.

Is that info correct, as it suggests the Arriva 19 can operate normally?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on August 20, 2013, 07:04:51 AM
Thats not the impression you get from NWM's site.

Is that info correct, as it suggests the Arriva 19 can operate normally?

I drove past there about 7 times yesterday. Forest Lane was closed completely until about 7pm and when they did reopen it the one-way bit of Bloxwich Road starts before you get to Forest Road, so you could only turn right

lynx1103

Anyway try driving a scania over forest lane bridge bit of a tight squeeze.

Westy

Ok fair enough.

Its not very often I go down Forest Lane itself, only pass the Bloxwich Road end.

lynx1103

Today

301/302 was diverted via Harden Road Coalpool lane profit street

Westy

Quote from: lynx1103 on August 21, 2013, 06:23:51 PM
Today

301/302 was diverted via Harden Road Coalpool lane profit street

So why cant they pick up service from John Street (Rock Steady Eddies, as a mutual friend that lives on Lower Farm pointed out to me earlier?

By the way, I asked Arriva on their FACEBOOK site earlier about the diversion which they confirmed,  & I told them NWM were wrong.

Westy

Appears to be open today as I went to town & back, unless there's something not finished?

(If it finished early, someone could've at least ripped off the bin liners covering the stops!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk