News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Mercedes 241

Started by Tony, July 11, 2014, 01:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Unless anyone makes an offer for it in the near future 241 is a vehicle down for disposal to PVS in the near future.  If anyone one is interested in saving it and can match what PVS would pay for it put a note on here and I will send you an emila address of who to initially contact at NXWM.

If no-one is interested then it goes to PVS. No trouble to NX, but don't want any 'shame it wasn't saved for preservation' posts after it is on the back of a lowloader heading to Barnsley.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is as to why it was withdrawn, although I probably can find out, but nothing is too much trouble to put right on a Merc Vario as so many are getting scrapped at the moment spare parts are plentiful

andy

Quote from: Tony on July 11, 2014, 01:28:44 PM
Unless anyone makes an offer for it in the near future 241 is a vehicle down for disposal to PVS in the near future.  If anyone one is interested in saving it and can match what PVS would pay for it put a note on here and I will send you an emila address of who to initially contact at NXWM.

If no-one is interested then it goes to PVS. No trouble to NX, but don't want any 'shame it wasn't saved for preservation' posts after it is on the back of a lowloader heading to Barnsley.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is as to why it was withdrawn, although I probably can find out, but nothing is too much trouble to put right on a Merc Vario as so many are getting scrapped at the moment spare parts are plentiful

I know that Arriva started disposing of their Varios as and when gearboxes failed as apparently they are expensive to recondition. Many of them had a surprisingly short life compared to their predecessos.

Liverpool Street

I know a guy who'll buy if the price is right. What is PVS's value?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

AndrewLee

Any news on this or will it be going for scrap?

Tony

Quote from: AndrewLee on July 20, 2014, 10:39:45 PM
Any news on this or will it be going for scrap?

A possible preservationist is in contact with NXWM over it. It is too early to say it will be saved yet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk