News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

X94 Arriva Wales

Started by Liverpool Street, July 30, 2013, 08:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

I know its not WM but...

How fantastic is the Arriva Wales service X94, Wrecsam to Barmouth. Absolute fantastic thrash route, 2x reverse maneuvering en-route, narrow country lanes 40mph at least on that fantastic 2004 B7 Eclipse. Anyone gets the chance to do the route it is highly recommended.

And the Welsh towns are ridiculously tight, just being a passenger makes your arse go like a rabbits nose. The roads are clearly not built for 40ft PCV's.

Shame the drivers attitude wasn't as good as their driving.

Overall a great day.

Still waiting for an Arriva Train though...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Haha! Been there (many a time), done that and got the t-shirt!! That's where the name on here comes from. My favourite route ever! Especially with those commanders! Absolutely lush!!!!

Justin Tyme

One year (2004?) Arriva put double decks on the route during the summer school holidays.  I remember seeing a borrowed Arriva Merseyside Volvo Olympian  / Northern Counties at Barmouth, but sadly didn't have the time for a ride.

I wonder if DDs could still get through? 

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Justin Tyme on July 31, 2013, 10:55:05 PM
One year (2004?) Arriva put double decks on the route during the summer school holidays.  I remember seeing a borrowed Arriva Merseyside Volvo Olympian  / Northern Counties at Barmouth, but sadly didn't have the time for a ride.

I wonder if DDs could still get through?

Didn't notice any overhanging trees on the run mate, so can't see why not. Hell of a run though.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ashley 4569

Sounds like a cracking run, if im ever that way definately will take up your recommendation

Love the metaphor "arse like a rabbits nose" :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk