News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Possible Strike Action

Started by notepanel, June 30, 2013, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notepanel

According to the Birmingham Mail, Metro workers are to be balloted over potential strike action regarding pay increases.

Surprisingly (to me at least), tram drivers are paid less than bus drivers.

I guess if they wanted to cause maximum impact you'd strike during the tunnel closures!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/midland-metro-tram-workers-balloting-4743298

ilovetea4370

I can't say I am that surprised they get less considering they have so much less grief to deal with and more protection, but again look how much Train drivers get and the two aren't that dissimilar. It would be interesting to find out how much the conductors get paid compared with the drivers because if they got less, then I would be concerned! I'm kind of on the fence on this one and as I don't know that much about it, I'm just going to stay out of it...

Liverpool Street

Wayheyy! If only these pansies on the bus side would do the same. They never got away with this stuff years ago, so why do it now.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

Some years ago, I applied for a 'customer services' job (conductor) on the Metro (but was unsuccessful). As I recall, the tram drivers did get paid a lot more than, the on-tram customer services agent, and I imagine that's still the case now.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk