News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Twirlies

Started by Ex BC driver, May 25, 2013, 08:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex BC driver

Not long ago, I had one try and use their pass at 7:05am, and i explained to them the pass couldn't be used before 9:30am, to which they payed. Other times they've just completely blanked me and sat down. Anyone experienced earlier than 7:05am?

the trainbasher

I was waiting for a 06somethingorother diamond service and a OAP came out of their house and tried to use it on said diamond service. We was waiting for 10 minutes whilst the driver and pensioner were arguing the rules!

EDIT - Now I remember it was the 0656 ex Stream Road to Merry Hill 226

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

settlerman

0640hrs was the earliest I ever had.

Trident 4609

A driver stopped a old lady using her pass and told her she couldn't use it and it was around 9:27/-9:28.

mranon

its always the same old faces trying it on too!!!!! obviously the rule is there for a reason, so i dont understand why pass holders have to go out first thing, snag early appointments etc when they dont need to. having to wait until 9.30am then ride for free as much as you like, aint that hard to do for free transport. either that or move to an area where they can, like some staffordshire pass holders can use theirs anytime

Gareth

Quote from: Trident 4609 on May 25, 2013, 09:38:40 PM
A driver stopped a old lady using her pass and told her she couldn't use it and it was around 9:27/-9:28.

Nothing wrong with that. If you came into my bar at 11.01pm you're not getting served.
Valid times are valid times. Doesn't matter if its a little old lady or a bloke in his 30s.
;)

ilovetea4370

Quote from: trainbasher on May 25, 2013, 08:25:04 PM
I was waiting for a 06somethingorother diamond service and a OAP came out of their house and tried to use it on said diamond service. We was waiting for 10 minutes whilst the driver and pensioner were arguing the rules!

Thing is its only £1 for a Concessionary pre 9:30 ticket on Diamond?!

the trainbasher

Quote from: trident4370 on May 26, 2013, 03:42:10 PM

I know but said twirlie didn't want to pay a dime!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

ilovetea4370

Quote from: trainbasher on May 26, 2013, 05:40:06 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on May 26, 2013, 03:42:10 PM

I know but said twirlie didn't want to pay a dime!

No need for that, especially that early in the day!

SMK

I've seen a couple of them argue with a driver at around 9:27am
Then by the time they've finished, it's 9:30am and suddenly they're calmed down, swiped their pass and sat down.
Crafty ay?
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk