News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Worst Suggestion ever but here goes

Started by s-m-991, May 20, 2013, 10:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s-m-991

This is probably worse than suggestions seen on Facebook (no names mentioned) but here we go.

X45: From Codsall to Binley Woods

It would be express and fast between Codsall, Padget Road, Wolves, Willenhall, Bentley, Walsall, Perry Barr, Birmingham, Birmingham Airport and Rail Station, Coventry and Binley Woods. Would need refueling every couple of journeys, offer suitable fares, every 20 mins. Serve many corridors.

And finally-anything but Dennis Darts :-P

I think this will be comedy to some people,

notepanel

In theory this is just merging several popular and well used services into one - the 5, 529, X/51 & 900, so in terms of passenger numbers would probably be a success.

Whilst the new links would also be ideal for many passengers, in the real world I think traffic congestion would prevent such a route from happening!

In addition, there would probably be lost revenue (I.e. a current passenger from Bentley to Birmingham would pay 2 x £2.00 (or £3.90 daysaver), whereas they could do that journey for £2 with this proposal), and the route itself may perhaps have to be split into connecting services in order to be registered as a domestic route! Not to mention the fact the drivers wouldn't be able to do a return trip without requiring a break.

s-m-991

Hit the nail on the head there and sure the drivers would deserve a break must be 40 odd mile route :-D

Tony

Quote from: s-m-991 on May 20, 2013, 05:38:58 PM
Hit the nail on the head there and sure the drivers would deserve a break must be 40 odd mile route :-D

Yes, another big problem. Route would be of 50km long so would have to be worked under EU driving hours rules causing problems when drivers off other rotas do overtime on there. Vehicles would have to be tachograph fitted (NXWM currently don't have enough in the fleet for a route like that)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk