News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Street : New Start

Started by BCMobile, April 16, 2013, 06:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCMobile

Half time switchover

Sunday 28 April 2013

We started the huge task of rebuilding New Street in 2010, and we've committed to keeping the station open for passengers until we finish in 2015.

In April 2013, everything changes at New Street as we reach the half way point of the project. The concourse and the existing entrances you use today will close and three new entrances will open into the first half of your new station.

While we won't unveil the atrium until the end of the project in 2015, the first half of the station we open in April will have all of the facilities you expect, plus new lifts and escalators to every platform to improve access.

Find Out More...
www.newstreetnewstart.co.uk

mikestone

There was a party of suits being shown round yesterday afternoon, at which time lots of bedding plants were being erected on the back wall of the new walkway from Stevenson Place  - I wonder how long it will be before someone jumps (or is thrown) off it?

BCMobile

Quote from: mikestone on April 16, 2013, 11:46:39 PM
There was a party of suits being shown round yesterday afternoon, at which time lots of bedding plants were being erected on the back wall of the new walkway from Stevenson Place  - I wonder how long it will be before someone jumps (or is thrown) off it?

To be fair that's crossed my mind. You know that walk way goes from the 82/87 stop all the way to stevensons place, what a walk.. just go trough to to maxx

mikestone

The publicity for the new NWM travel centre says it will be next to Delice de France - very useful as the map with it doesn't show where that is either.

Neswulf

The closing of the Navigation Street footbridge has slowed down the wife's journey home from work. She now has to go in through the new Stevenson Street entrance, very close, but involves walking all the way round once inside & heading down a crowded escalator to a crowded platform at evening rush hour. Hoping they re-open the footbridge, a real time saver.

Kevin

Haven't found the new NWM travel centre yet either, although I have to say I haven't yet looked for it

Quote from: Neswulf on May 01, 2013, 09:41:48 PM
The closing of the Navigation Street footbridge has slowed down the wife's journey home from work. She now has to go in through the new Stevenson Street entrance, very close, but involves walking all the way round once inside & heading down a crowded escalator to a crowded platform at evening rush hour. Hoping they re-open the footbridge, a real time saver.

Yeah, they will, they're refurbing that whole thing as well.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

D10

Quote from: Kevin on May 01, 2013, 10:00:35 PM
Haven't found the new NWM travel centre yet either, although I have to say I haven't yet looked for it

The new NWM Travel Centre is just inside the Stephenson Street entrance, it isn't hard to miss though as it is tiny!

I popped in on Monday and it was very cramped, also  there seemed to be less of a selection of bus timetables.

Gareth

I advise anyone wishing to buy an advanced ticket or ask for ticket help, go to Moor Street. Unless you like unorganised 'deli style take a ticket' chaos!

mikestone

Not been a new start as far as the barrier staff are concerned - I went through the barrier three times  before I realised my plusbus ticket was still on top, so the gripperess on the way in from Walsall must have also accepted it!
;
The glass wall on the new walkway protrudes out from the concrete base so it will be difficult to climb over - not sure how salubrious the covered section will be at night though?

midlandred2003

Having recently become a member off the barrier staff I have found the only way every ticket and pass can be inspected is to actually stop every one  then huge queues build up,which is frustrating for every one. 

mikestone

There is *no* excuse for not spotting a plusbus - its in huge letters at the top of the ticket.
;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk