News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Different route to Walsall on a class 323.

Started by Ash, April 19, 2013, 10:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Left New Street on the 19:47 departure this evening and left in the Wolverhampton direction and took the route through the back of Soho/Winson Green and only called at Hamstead, Tame Bridge, Bescot and Walsall. Never seen this happen before on the all stopper service I think something happened on the train earlier but it was online running a couple of minutes late leaving New Street.

Sh4318

Quote from: Ash on April 19, 2013, 10:41:16 PM
Left New Street on the 19:47 departure this evening and left in the Wolverhampton direction and took the route through the back of Soho/Winson Green and only called at Hamstead, Tame Bridge, Bescot and Walsall. Never seen this happen before on the all stopper service I think something happened on the train earlier but it was online running a couple of minutes late leaving New Street.

That's the Soho Junction. Football Specials to Witton usually use it, and one Rugeley bound train an hour. The train was most like diverted due to a blockage or signal problem between Birmingham and Hamstead, although I'm unsure
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

andy

There was an issue at Aston with unruly passengers, police had to be called to a train stuck in the station.

Dylan4579

I remember once passing one stop on a pendlindo new street bound

mikestone

Chaseline trains normally only use it inwards to Birmingham.  Only the 17.42 and 18.12 to Rugeley are booked that way - there are actually more Virgin trains in the WTT in that direction.
http://www.psul4all.free-online.co.uk/2013.htm

Kevin

Been done before as a diversionary route for all manner of problems
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on April 20, 2013, 12:33:38 PM
Chaseline trains normally only use it inwards to Birmingham.  Only the 17.42 and 18.12 to Rugeley are booked that way - there are actually more Virgin trains in the WTT in that direction.
http://www.psul4all.free-online.co.uk/2013.htm

Just come home on the 18:12 that way, what I did notice is over the weekend while the line was closed they seem to have reconnected the North end of Platform 3, Looks like Rugeley's may soon be able to use 3 as well as 1 when the new signalling is switched on

Stu

I recall last year getting a Virgin Trains Pendolino home from Euston, due to engineering works on the line between New Street and International it didn't stop at Lea Hall or Stechford, and took the loop around the north of the city, through Aston and Perry Barr, before coming back into New Street through Soho Junction.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ash

I was surprised to see a desario on the 22:47 departure from new street to Walsall i thought it would be class 323's or  class 170 turbostars as i thought the desarios were only seen in the morning on this route.

Kevin

Quote from: Ash on April 30, 2013, 11:41:44 PM
I was surprised to see a desario on the 22:47 departure from new street to Walsall i thought it would be class 323's or  class 170 turbostars as i thought the desarios were only seen in the morning on this route.

That one departure has been for a while, comes through from Wolves and is then the last train from Walsall to brum as well
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

Quote from: Ash on April 30, 2013, 11:41:44 PM
The ex Liverpool arriving at New St for 21:18, goes onto the 21:38 to Wolverhampton, arriving at 22:03, leaving Wolverhampton at 22:19 to arrive at New Street at 22:44, to work the 22:47, I'm sure diagram changes will be indicated in the new timetable. Ex Liverpools are used on Wolverhampton locals on the 21:08, 21:38, 22:38 & 23:09, starting with the 19:11 from Liverpool, arriving at New St at 20:47, here's a picture of 350266 on the 21:38: http://www.flickr.com/photos/madabouttransport/8451917200/in/photostream
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

sonic84

The crosscountry services to Manchester also use this way.  Happened to us heading over that was over the easter holidays.

mikestone

Any random train can do it if the crew sign the road - XC have one booked passenger job that comes in from Inter via Stechford-Aston-Soho,that way, but nothing via Bescot.  The standby Voyager does various permutations on its way from Central Rivers via Stafford so it's a mystery how the guards maintain route knowledge.
;
It will be interesting to see what happens when the first Stour block happens after Walsall PSB is abolished if they all "sign-off" the route.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk