News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rout 297.

Started by the trainbasher, May 31, 2013, 01:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s94

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 10, 2013, 08:54:31 PM
Yes as trainbasher said it's a nippy 10-plate Optare Solo. Driver took a wrong turning at one point and had to do a 3-pointer lol

Will be interesting to see what's on there tomorrow
Haha where did he go wrong? :D

Yes, hopefully being an evening service, WMNST will be able to put their best buses on there. :)

nitromatt1

Same Solo today, 105.

s94

Good to see. Where did the driver go wrong yesterday? :D

nitromatt1

Quote from: s94 on June 11, 2013, 11:46:27 PM

Oh, I'm not sure, not too familiar with the 297 route, think it was a mini-roundabout where we were supposed to go straight on and he took a right

the trainbasher

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 11, 2013, 11:50:49 PM
Quote from: s94 on June 11, 2013, 11:46:27 PM

Oh, I'm not sure, not too familiar with the 297 route, think it was a mini-roundabout where we were supposed to go straight on and he took a right

Mushroom Green/Dudley Wood Road (turned onto Dudley wood road instead of heading via the old 238 route to Coppice Lane)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

s94

Haha typical especially on the new part of the 297 route on the very first of WMSNT's journey on there. ;)

Well hopefully the new changes are indeed for the better which I think they area. Certainly a more balanced link to Halesowen now. On Quarry Bank High St, you could get to Halesowen via the 002, 141, 297 and 004 whereas Coppice Lane/Quarry Road had just the 217. So having the 297/A moving over here does balance things out too and also giving this area better links to beyond Merry Hill towards Brierley Hill and Gornal etc.

Sh4318

Has anyone else noticed that since the withdrawal of the 297B, there has been no direct service between Gornal Wood & Merry Hill on Sundays? I'm sure someone could take it over
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stuharris 6360

It's interesting that the Monday to Saturday evening service is operated by WMSNT, whereas all the Sunday service is operated by National Express.

Would have thought that WMSNT would have operated the Sundays as well?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 13, 2013, 10:05:59 PM
It's interesting that the Monday to Saturday evening service is operated by WMSNT, whereas all the Sunday service is operated by National Express.

Would have thought that WMSNT would have operated the Sundays as well?

Theres been a few anomolies like that over the last few years surely?

The 530 in Wolves evening service split between NX & Diamond I think.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk