News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Just an interesting thought...

Started by wilmotm (Matt Wilmot), August 15, 2012, 05:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

This thought just came across me and wondered what others thought...

If Alex Salmond was to get his way and Scotland became an independent company what would happen, if anything to National Express Dundee?

Personally, A) Alex Salmond will loose, Scotland will stay part of Great Britain so B) things will stay the same but nonetheless its an interesting thought.

Discodave

Alex salmond thinks Scotland will be Saudi araiba with the oil and he is dreaming as the English govt will make sure he does not get a drop oil was discovered as the UK and he will have no chance of getting it plus also I love to know how rich Scotland will be as if they became an idependant country we will not be subsidising there free persciptions and care for the elderly

D10

Interesting, my thoughts are:

I guess if you look at if from NX's point of view, they already have International businesses, so they could still run it. Unless they decided it would not be economic to run such a small operation as no doubt different rules and regulations would come in which could affect the operation of this business.

From a Scottish Government perspective then if the SNP were in charge then probably there would be no change to the current regulatory structure. Remember that the SNP were talking about regulation a few years ago until a certain Mr Soutar donated a large amount of money to them! If Labour take control then maybe there would be more regulation, but if they introduced some kind of franchising, then there could be business opportunities for NX, and they would only have one operation to risk losing.

PM

Agree with DiscoDave-we subsidise their healthcare and dont forget the free uni places whereas im gonna have to pay 9000pounds a year!! No, they wont split-its just a threat to get more money out of us brits. Tho it wouldnt change much-unless of course scotland had to join the euro. Then its just be like one of nxwm's overseas businesses eg alsa

Discodave

Quote from: Peter123 on August 28, 2012, 03:36:50 PM
Agree with DiscoDave-we subsidise their healthcare and dont forget the free uni places whereas im gonna have to pay 9000pounds a year!! No, they wont split-its just a threat to get more money out of us brits. Tho it wouldnt change much-unless of course scotland had to join the euro. Then its just be like one of nxwm's overseas businesses eg alsa

If scotland split they would have no choice to join euro if they wanted in on the EC Cyprus had too and so did most of the recent new comer countries

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk