News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Euro 6

Started by Stuharris 6360, March 12, 2014, 08:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Do we know if National Express are planning to order any vehicles with Euro 6 engines?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

I guess we wont know that until any of the new vehicles are actually delivered or seen on delivery.

For some reason NX don't seem to like announcing breakdowns of new vehicle orders to the trade press/stock exchange in the same way that First & Stagecoach have done recently.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on March 12, 2014, 09:10:29 PM
I guess we wont know that until any of the new vehicles are actually delivered or seen on delivery.

For some reason NX don't seem to like announcing breakdowns of new vehicle orders to the trade press/stock exchange in the same way that First & Stagecoach have done recently.

I just wondered as TFL are currently looking to trial 6 Euro 6 buses in London, and when Leon Daniels was asked about them, he gave the following reply>

"In many cases this is a real stretch for the technology and there is some tricky science involved. It has also been found in some previous cases in real world conditions the actual improvement in emissions hasn't been as good as predicted (and I am talking here about vehicles generally not specifically buses). So these field trials are designed to prove the technology and measure the results in real conditions.

It is also important to make sure that the conditions in garages are tested too. For example Euro 6 engines need to run at an optimum temperature. This (and the science) will cause engine bay temperatures to be high which in turn means working on them immediately after the morning peak might not be as easy as with previous types. This then has implications for 'between the peaks' maintenance.

So a handful of conventional Euro 6 vehicles have been running for a while now and the NBfL trial vehicles (led by LT8) will start shortly."
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 12, 2014, 09:17:13 PM
Quote from: Winston on March 12, 2014, 09:10:29 PM

I just wondered as TFL are currently looking to trial 6 Euro 6 buses in London, and when Leon Daniels was asked about them, he gave the following reply>

"In many cases this is a real stretch for the technology and there is some tricky science involved. It has also been found in some previous cases in real world conditions the actual improvement in emissions hasn't been as good as predicted (and I am talking here about vehicles generally not specifically buses). So these field trials are designed to prove the technology and measure the results in real conditions.

It is also important to make sure that the conditions in garages are tested too. For example Euro 6 engines need to run at an optimum temperature. This (and the science) will cause engine bay temperatures to be high which in turn means working on them immediately after the morning peak might not be as easy as with previous types. This then has implications for 'between the peaks' maintenance.

So a handful of conventional Euro 6 vehicles have been running for a while now and the NBfL trial vehicles (led by LT8) will start shortly."

I've see reports that First Group intend to buy a few small quantities of Euro 6 vehicles in addition to the 2014/2015 new vehicle orders, I'd expect NX to do the same before committing to a specific type or at least have a demo on longer term loan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk