News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

chase line stations

Started by Discodave, December 16, 2012, 07:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discodave

with eletrifcation confirmed will any of the stations get extended platforms Bloxwich can only take a 3 car train I am no expert but most electric trains tend to be longer then 3 on the walsall/brum bit

Tony

Quote from: Discodave on December 16, 2012, 07:52:22 PM
with eletrifcation confirmed will any of the stations get extended platforms Bloxwich can only take a 3 car train I am no expert but most electric trains tend to be longer then 3 on the walsall/brum bit

The only platforms north of Walsall that can take 4 car trains are Hednesford (towards Birmingham only) and Rugeley Trent Valley. Most Walsall services are only run with 3-car class 323 electrics, although at the moment there are 3 trips done in the morning peak with 4-car 350s.

The chase Line currently has 4 round trips covered by 4-car 170s, 2 in the morning and two in the afternoon.

I would hope that with electrification we can have all the other platforms extended as there is room at all stations to do it

Bob

Once the line has been done what difference in journey time between say Hednesford & Birmingham would there be?

Tony

Quote from: bob on December 16, 2012, 08:18:43 PM
Once the line has been done what difference in journey time between say Hednesford & Birmingham would there be?

They are also increasing the line speed from 45/50mph to 75mph, this is being done prior to electrification. With better acceleration and faster speeds I reckon it should knock about 7 minutes off. The big advantage of this isn't so much the reduced journey times, but if a full round trip Rugeley-Birmingham-Rugeley time is reduced the 30 minute off-peak frequency Mon-Fri could be reintroduced still using the current number of units.

Discodave

Quote from: Tony on December 16, 2012, 08:39:40 PM
Quote from: bob on December 16, 2012, 08:18:43 PM

They are also increasing the line speed from 45/50mph to 75mph, this is being done prior to electrification. With better acceleration and faster speeds I reckon it should knock about 7 minutes off. The big advantage of this isn't so much the reduced journey times, but if a full round trip Rugeley-Birmingham-Rugeley time is reduced the 30 minute off-peak frequency Mon-Fri could be reintroduced still using the current number of units.

Would they all stop between cannock and walsall as on Sat one runs non stop through bloxwich and its usually the longer one so my one is rammed being the 2 car

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk